Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving from Virgin Media

• 21-02-2024 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭

I'm currently on VirginMedia cable 1Gb, and including the TV package, it's coming in expensive enough compared to other offerings.

As I'm out of contract, I called and got a derisory offer to get rid of the landline, and reduce the TV package.

I assume I'll have to go the cancellation route to get any chance of something meaningful? Did anyone get anything semi decent when they tried this?

In the meantime, I'm having a look at eir, mainly because of the offer AND the ability to use my own router. From looking at the various threads here, I can configure it directly and set IPTV in the config, so the Apple TV should work ok. I'm not worried about the landline as I can't remember the last time I used it or someone called it!

Anyone have any advice on moving to eir and any problems with using your own router (Asus in my case)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

I haven't received any satisfactory response from them despite two phone calls and a written complaint. Their "offer" is higher than what I was previously paying and double what a new customer is offered.

But I've heard that some people were able to negotiate a lower cost for a new contract, so it seems to depend on who you speak to. Personally, I'm not inclined to make more calls to them, especially considering that their support has noticeably deteriorated over the last three years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭DecTenToo

Nice to know it's not me. Any of the fibre packages look better at less than half the price, and I'm considering a free to air setup to cover the majority of channels we watch.

Advertisement