Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adman Sheds - Any Condensation Problems

Options
  • 21-02-2024 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi,

I was about to order an Adman Durastore Shed but I am a bit concerned about possible condensation problems. It has non drip sheeting on the roof but not on the walls. Steeltech Sheds have non drip sheeting on both the roof and walls.

When I spoke to Adman I mentioned that I would be putting power into the shed and he recommended using outdoor sockets and omitting the clear roof panels due to condensation. Not very encouraging.

Do any of you have an Adman shed and if so is condensation a problem? Are the clear roof panels an issue?

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have an Adman shed/garage, (5m x 4m) with the coated roof and non-coated walls. I have had absolutely no problems with condensation. I had power put into the shed, not exactly exterior sockets and switches etc but more substantial than house ones, I have no doubt at all about my electrician's judgement on this, he is very good, though it was quite an expensive job.

There is no need to go near the clear panels in putting up lights, but I have never noticed any condensation on them anyway.

The shed is now probably between 12 and 14 years old - it was there when I bought the house - and I did notice a bit of rust along the beams at the top of the walls. I saw on the website that there was a 14 year guarantee against rust so I contacted them and sent them photos. They came and looked at it and said they would replace them, absolutely no hassle. They said that the rust had also got into the adjacent roof panels so they would replace them too. This was because they used to use a piece of shaped foam fill between the beam and the roof panels but they had discovered it did hold damp which caused the rust, so stopped using it. In the meantime they replaced the entire roof and wall top beams, no hassle as they did it all from outside so the garage did not need to be emptied. I am seriously impressed with the service, there is absolutely no rust anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭rayman1

Thanks looksee. That’s very reassuring

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

I have an Adman shed for about five years now and no condensation problems, I don't have any clear roof panels. I used surface mounted metal clad switches and sockets when I wired the shed and absolutely nothing wrong with using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭rayman1

Thanks Flipperdipper. That’s good to know. I had the same switches and sockets in my block built garage at my old house.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ShadowSA

I have one, no issues so far. They don't block the top off between the walls and the roof so you get a good amount of airflow. Very happy so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I leave both windows on the latch and don't have any real issue. Bit of condensation on liquid containers but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ShadowSA

Yes, on a good day I try leave the door open on my sheds to let them air.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't do either - window or door - and haven't had any problems.

Advertisement