Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post normal post

• 21-02-2024 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

I'm sure there's loads of threads but couldn't see anything recently.

I posted 2 Christmas card's together at the post office from Dublin to Cork. Only one arrived about 3 day's later then the other one turned up after 2 weeks.

I sent another envelope last Monday from Dublin to Cork but it hasn't arrived.

I never had any issues before this, is it just bad luck or has the postal system gone to sh*t?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I sent a Christmas card to Cork on a Saturday in a batch of cards, it arrived the following Saturday. In the batch was also a card going to New York, it got there on the Friday, a day before the Cork card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,141 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I can honestly say I find the delivery times excellent with An Post. I had two items arrive yesterday from Dublin and Limerick that were posted only the day before. At least 90% of what I send arrives the next day. Post from the US and France seems to take ages but the delay is with it reaching Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

Generally speaking for 95% of everything I send An Post are excellent (usually next day delivery using standard post) however every now again an anomaly pops up. Sent a batch of Christmas Cards on Dec 18th .... all got delivered before Christmas bar one , which was delivered Jan 13th !

Advertisement