Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning oversight

Options
  • 23-02-2024 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I bought a site a few years ago and changed the planning permission on it.

What I didn't realise and it was never picked up on until two days ago is that I was meant to put in a public footpath at my boundary. The house is built a year now. No one picked this up and as I was a complete novice I just went ahead and built the house and that was that. The council are building an estate further up the road from me and they came knocking asking when was I going to put in the path. I rang my builder who gave a very rough price of approx 15k to do this. I'm nowhere near in a position to pay this out. The house above me and the house below me have no paths outside just a hedge/ditch, it seems odd to just put 30mt footpath there but that's the situation I'm in. I know by my planning I'm now legally bound to put it there but can I give them the long arm? No refuse to do it but more push it off long term. How long from start of a build to I have to be 100% compliant? I've got the final certs of completion and all that and morthage fully drawn.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭bemak

Do the conditions of your permission mention anything about delivering the footpath?

It would seem odd to put in the path if your neighbours on either side never do. Have you chatted to them about it? Have the council approached them?

Advertisement