Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Festivals in 2024 - stick them in here!

Options
  • 23-02-2024 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭

Will 2024 be the year of the come back for beer festivals?

I’ve heard a rumour that Rascals are doing one. Any details?

Has anyone heard if there are any beer festivals planned for the year? Would love to drop in to a few especially like the ones held in the Convention Centre and the RDS.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Nothing like that anymore.

Sullivan's in Kilkenny is having a festival at their taproom. 17-18 May.

Franciscan Well is likely to be on over Easter weekend. I'm sure Rascals will be having one of theirs over a summer weekend. And I'm hoping the Mullingar Wild Beer Festival will be back in late spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I heard a mad rumour in January that someone was looking into a revival of the RDS type festival, which was a good showcase of the Irish craft scene, with a couple of international guests on the bill too.

Fidelity was mostly international when it ran, and I was udner the impression that they were going to an "every second year" timeframe, which would mean summer 2025 would be on the cards, but would probably be announced by now, and I heard the venue wasn't open to it either.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

White Hag will be on again in August and there'll most likely be Portrush in October.

• Advertisement

I had heard too that Fidelity were going to every 2 years… but not sure where I heard it.

That would mean that their Beer Festival would be back this year as they last ran it in 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

yeah sorry, I meant 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Pity the Doolin beer festival isnt on anymore....

Confirmation that Franciscan Well is on. Good Friday and Easter Saturday (though 9 White Deer has posted Saturday and Sunday to their Facebook). From 1pm, admission free. Unconfirmed brewery list of Third Barrel, Rising SONS, Wicklow Wolf, West Cork, Lineman, Black's, Lough Gill and Outer Place. Trouble and 9 White Deer confirmed. Original 7 don't have a choice.

Mullingar Wild Beer Festival at Smiddy's Bar is confirmed for 29th June 2024.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

That day in Weston airport was great. I wish they'd do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Are the white hag running their festival this year? I don’t see anything on their website or on their profile on Eventbrite about it.

Last year's announcement was on 28th April, so it should be soon. I don't see any reason they wouldn't be doing it again. It's the brewery's 10th birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭adaminho

s

if anyone is around Limerick Wednesday you can win the first tickets to Hagstravaganza.

Portrush confirmed for 11th and 12th October.

Hagstravaganza tickets now out. https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/hagstravaganza-10-tickets-904400154207?aff=oddtdtcreator

Fairly comprehensive reply emailed out too in response to the feedback from last year's event.

Hearing that the RDS festival guys are planning on bringing it back this year. 13-15 September.

Edit: Just the Friday and Saturday, 13th and 14th.

Post edited by BeerNut on

Another date to save: 31st August for the Midlands Craft Beer Festival at Don's Bar in Moate.

RDS confirmed for 13/14 September.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NetworkOrange

I cant see anything online about this at all, apart from this comment and a tweet from CraftCentral.ie

Their Twitter page is a bit quiet but they've made a graphic at least.

Annoyingly I'm in Dublin the weekend before so not sure I'll be arsed with a 2nd weekend in a row, but probably will end up coming down as they were always good events.

The graphic was sent with a "for Instagram" so I guess that's where you'll see the details as they come out. But I'll post stuff here too since apparently I'm on Bruce's mailing list and I don't have an Instagram account.

Some more preliminary detail from the organiser:

19 Irish brewers confirmed – all bringing a festival beer.

6 internationals: Vault City, Brewski, Zichovec, Baxbier, Mad Scientist, Moersleutel coming so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NetworkOrange

19 out of approx 79 is a substantial number of Irish craft breweries for a craft beer festival. I assume more will join as its announced. So its looking very promising

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

From White Hag just now, unfortunately:

Hello,

We hope you are keeping well!

We are contacting you today as we have an update regarding Hagstravaganza for you guys as you have purchased tickets to this year's event.

We have encountered an event licensing issue that causes a huge amount of uncertainty over our ability to run our birthday party in the same format as we have in past years.

This ultimately means we cannot begin importing beers from around the world over the coming weeks, therefore we cannot proceed with the international aspect of the festival which of course is the backbone of Hagstravaganza.

We are continuing to pursue an event licence in the hope that we can run a smaller more local event on the same date, to celebrate our birthday with those breweries who are close to us here in Ireland. We will honour all current tickets for that event on the same date, and will share the details on what that will look like in the coming days.

What does it mean for ticket holders?

If you have bought a ticket already, you can sit tight and we'll update you with our plans by the end of the week. If you want a refund, that will be no problem and we'll be processing those by this coming weekend. If you want to come to our birthday event regardless, we hope to have tickets for sale again once we clarify a few issues, ideally by next week.

We appreciate your patience and support while we work through this.

Bob & The White Hag Team

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Got the same earlier. Wonder what the license issue is, seems odd they could have international brewers/beers every other year but not this time.

I’ll still be attending as it’ll be a good day out regardless, but it’s a real shame for the team organising and the attendees

I'm sure the White Hag guys are gutted. I'll wait and see what the new plans are before committing to going, I think.

Also didn't realise I had committed to Mullingar next week, anyone else heading?

• Advertisement

I'll be in Mullingar, assuming I can get through the Swifty throng at Connolly Station.

Advertisement