Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance quote

Options
  • 24-02-2024 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello,

I recently got a very good quote for revolut car insurance compared to others.

The quote is valid for 30 days however when I go to purchase it they’ve upped it by 400 euros.

The chat support are not siding with me on this, but do they have an obligation to honour this? No circumstances have changed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Not 100% sure but would have a feeling they would be under no legal obligation to honour a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭JVince

No obligation whatsoever.

There is no contract formed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 student022

Fair enough.

does this however not constitute misleading information/advertisement?

Why offer a quote if it’s meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 student022

The email does say in no uncertain terms the period of validity of the quote.

I am just hoping there’s something I can say to them that would make them reinstate the initial quote. Seems unfair commercial practices to me.

Advertisement