Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

replace blade for a Sheppach table saw ( as sold in Lidl)

• 25-02-2024 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭

254 by 30 mm bore by 2.8

Would like to get 2, one cheaper one for second hand timber and another for new

This from McKenna's in Limerick looks okay

Thanks as always

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Buying blades for a table saw is another one of the dark arts of woodworking! :-)

You'd be right to buy more than one, but not for the reason you give. Ideally you should have one for rip cuts and another for cross cuts, and then variations on the theme for hard woods, softwoods and manufactured woods. If you're working with salvaged timbers, and if you're doing long rip cuts, you'll want a blade with a really deep gullet; the one in your photo wouldn't be ideal unless you're going to do the cut in several shallow passes.

The Freud brand, on the other hand, is one of the premium quality brands, and the blades can be re-sharpened multiple times ... as long as you don't abuse them during day-to-day use. That one includes anti-vibration features, but you're probably getting into overkill territory there if it's going to be fitted to an entry level saw. Personally, for use on my equally cheap saw, I'd rather spend the same money on five bog-standard blades of various configurations and have the best blade for whatever timber/cut is coming to the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Deregos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Bought the Freud in Joe McKenna's in limerick day just to get started, I will upgrade the saw once I get the shed roofed and secure, saw some nice Festool table saws....

😀

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement