Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird oil burner repair recommendations

Options
  • 26-02-2024 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a good company to come out and diagnose an issue with one of these heating systems ? Ours stopped turning on and no idea why. System seems to be dead when I attempt to switch it on. Switched it off from the mains for awhile and reconnected power but still nothing.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Where? What type of boiler? Was it serviced recently?

Perhaps post a few pics.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Based in Dublin 24. It's an outside oil burner, was serviced in December 2022. It wasn't used a massive amount since then. A solenoid was replaced on it the same time it was serviced as it was intermittent sometimes whether it started up or not. Things were great until now. Last chap that did the work has since retired so need to find someone else reliable. There is lots of companies I've been ringing and not sure who to go with. Thought I'd ask on here for abit of feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭jimf

possibly high limit stat has tripped

unscrew small black cap on thermostat and press in button with boiler controls on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

I know there is a reset button on these systems but I need to a special tool to open the box housing the burner.

Advertisement