Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLRCC social housing

Options
  • 26-02-2024 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi

Ive been on the DLRCC social housing list for nearly 4 years now. I today received a letter from council asking for income details for last year, ID and permission to check with revenue. Anyone know if this is a possible housing offer soon subject to income checks? The yearly routine income assessment is online which I completed maybe 5-6 months ago. If it is an offer subject to their checks first, it seems quite "fast" as I assumed I would be on the list another 2-3 years minimum! Any info appreciated ! Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Did you get an offer in the end? I would say they had something lined up. But I hear they don’t like to confirm anything if you ask in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭easyvision

I did! Only thing is its for a bed sit which I didnt realize when I bid. Now theres conflicting info on their website saying you will be taken off the BL system for a year if you refuse twice but on email they are saying once so I have asked councillors to find out what is going on. Also need to see it and have an interview. I want to see if first before saying no. Just dont know if I like the idea of sleeping in my kitchen lol

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭pleh

I thought bedsits were illegal now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Old style yes, modern studio apartments with own bathrooms no.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,979 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The council's job is to offer you basic accommodation, not whatever you fancy.

Accept it, and focus on upskilling and getting a better job so you can afford to buy accommodation which you do fancy.

Post edited by Mrs OBumble on

• Advertisement
Advertisement