Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I guess I go again? 890k bonus, change life goals?

• 26-02-2024 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭

As the title indicates, I last week I received 890,000 as a bonus. This was essentially due to extraordinary luck and very specific knowledge in a particular area in medical technology. That's as far as I am willing to go without potentially doxxing myself. I am from a middle class background and in my early 30s with a gaff paid for etc.

My number 1 interest in life is jazz piano, and I have been playing piano for 20 years, switchedto bebop maybe 5 years ago. Basically I am curious, if you had that kind of windfall would you hang around in a job you don't hate but would prefer not to do, or would you go full jazz piano for a minute and see what happens?

It would be a massive change, but potentially I'd be able to make an actual impression, be seen on some level. My wife-to-be doesn't even know I'm considering this, so that's another issue.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement