Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Masi CXGR Disc Steel Bike Ultegra

Options
  • 27-02-2024 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

This steel framed bike would make an ideal tourer or commuter. Masi market it as a CX/Gravel bike but I'd have thought it's a bit heavy for CX! Probably be grand for gravel or bikepacking.

Tig Welded Double Butted Chromoly Tubing; Full 6700 Ultegra Groupset; Own brand wheels and finishing kit. Promax Mechanical Discs. Wheels are heavy!

XL 60cm frame on normal roadbike sizing would be for 6'2" - 6'5" but as a touring bike where you might prefer a less aggressive position it'll work fine with a shorter stem for anyone from about 5'6" up. I was using it with a 90mm stem which made the EFT less than the Large 58cm frame and a 70mm stem would be about the same as the Medium 56cm.

Some details on the spec and sizing here - https://archive.harobikes.com/masi/2019-masi/cxgr-2019

Both frame and groupset have a few scrapes and scratches but nothing major or unsightly. Massive tyre clearance so it'll take anything smaller than a tractor tyre. I've had 50c on 650b wheels and 40c on 700c wheels. Great for the bigger potholes.

Steel bikes are a unique experience and I'm only selling it because I've replaced it with another steel bike.

I'm in Dublin 18, close to N11/M50.

Asking €550

Post edited by Weepsie on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

The wheels and heavy tyres let this bike down. I could do it with Aksiums and Gatorskins instead for the same price?

Price drop to €450. Full Ultegra Groupset!

Any interest whatsoever in this? At any price? Ideal for tipping around a French campsite or tackling a drizzly greenway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Excellent value tbf… unfortunately a couple of sizes to large for me. GLWS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭g0g

Cheeky €300 (Aksium) offer as I'm literally looking for something for French campsite this summer that is less of a disaster if goes missing!

• Advertisement

Hi g0g, thanks for the offer. I'll do it for €300 with the stock wheels and tyres. Wheels are actually fine but the tyres are really heavy, nearly a kilo each! I think they're probably better suited to a heavy electric bike! They are new though. I'll do it with the Aksium/Gatorskin combo for €375? You're welcome to come and have a look if it suits you? I'm not far away, close to N11/M50 in Foxrock. Cheers, Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭g0g

Thanks for the very generous counter-offer. Need to withdraw my offer for an unrelated reason - have messaged you direct to explain circumstances. Best of luck with sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Hi Paul. Is the Masi still for sale. Looking for a replacement bike for my son. Happy to match the 375 offer for the Askiums/Gatorskins. Subject to inspection. I am not too far from you in Deansgrange so could have a look on his behalf. He is around the 6' mark so should be ok for sizing..He can probably look at it himself over the weekend as well

Thanks Seaswimmer. Sorry for delay but I was away and missed this when it was posted! I've PM'ed you to arrange viewing if you're still interested. Cheers, Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

What’s the weight of the bike?

Bike is 7.4kg without the wheels. Not bad! Almost exactly the same as the Genesis Equilibrium I've replaced it with.

But the stock wheels and tyres are 4.9kg with the tyres weighing almost a kilo each! The Aksium/Gator combination on the other hand is only 2.7kg making that package a smidge over 10kg, not bad for a large steel bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Are you based in Deansgrange?

I can do this with an 11-speed 105 groupset for the same price!

Seaswimmer got back on to me to say his son got sorted for a bike so he's no longer interested.

So it's still available with the groupset and wheel options as mentioned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement