Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullyallen - good location to buy a new build?

Options
  • 27-02-2024 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello everyone,

There is a new estate Gort Mell coming up in spring in Slane Road, Tullyallen.

Was wondering if can get some help in understanding how the overall location is for family, commuting to dublin for work, schools, shops around, any development plans for the location.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daanponzio

I've booked a house on this estate last week and went up to Drogheda to check the location. the state is beside of M1retail park, with loads of shops, also there's an Aldi on same street, Old Slane road. Also is beside M1 so great access to Dublin, without traffic about 35/40 min, the only concern it's about the noise because of the road, but they've said to me that will have a noise wall between M1 and the state. So should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 confusedtoddler

Thanks for the reply!

Many congratulations on your booking. If you don't mind, can you let me know how the place around the estate and Drogheda itself is?

Have read some quite interesting reviews regarding safety and the growth in and asround Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daanponzio

The street of the state is really calm, there isn't footpath near but they'll build one to link with existing one. Also they'll build a footpath to connect the retail park with the estate on the last phase. If you check on Google street view the street is almost the same now except the front of the state. I highly recommend that you go there and check too, was the best thing I did, I went during the daylight and at night to feel the town. On estate street still don't have lights but will have soon.

I can't say about Drogheda because I had been there just few times to check houses, the traffic on city centre is really heavy specially near Scotch Hall shopping. But I also know they have plans to modernize the central area of the city and they are building the Northern Cross road to the port which I believe will reduce the traffic on the city.

Advertisement