Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit Problem

Options
2»

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

I can only speak for my own area, where they were trapped every Nov/Dec. They're all gone now.

And I looked up the coursing calendar online yesterday- no dates for meetings shown - I wonder what they're hiding - from publicity no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭V6400

No dates showing because the coursing season is over since the first week of February. It is completely normal for hares to disappear from an area for periods of time, its nature. If there is a lot of hares in an area predators will move to this area, hares will be killed or move to a different area and the same will happen in the new area over a period of time. Im not trying to take a personal dig at you as I know you’re a long time contributor here and have made some excellent informative posts but put yourself in your neighbors shoes and someone who isn’t well informed on farming attacked you over how farming cattle is barbaric and cruel, how would you take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

You're wasting your time trying to covert me I'll never be into animal cruelty for sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭lmk123

The last part of your post sums it up. I used to try to get my point across about things like farming, hunting and coursing over the years but learned that it’s a waste of time. I work with some people that live in a city and wouldn’t know a cow from a cat but they’re able to tell me all about the cruelty of farming and how we should improve things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭V6400

Well in some people’s eyes then you may sell up your farm and let your cattle roam free or be called a hypocrite. There 2 reasons any of us farm money and or enjoyment, the same reasons people are involved in coursing. You keep your cattle closed up in a shed or fenced in a field, put them through a crush for tb testing, dosing vaccinating etc and at the end of the day they go and get their head cut off. Coursing people catch hairs, keep them in a fenced enclosure get them to run up a field and at the end of the day release them into the wild. Your comments are reminding me of a woman I heard on the radio when the igb license to catch hairs was up for renewal, she screamed and cried for 10 minutes that they shouldn’t get it when eventually she was asked what is your argument, why should they not get their license her answer was, ‘because I don’t want them to’.

Advertisement