Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing sink taps

• 28-02-2024 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭

Looking change my taps in the bathroom sink I've turned off water at mains under sink but still running I'm thinking it's supplied from the tank in hot press it's an apartment so don't know if that makes a difference Does anyone have any advice TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Your water supply for bathroom sink taps should be in your hot press were cylinder. There should be a valve for the hot supply. Turn off let a hot tap run for a couple of minutes and the flow should ease. There should be another for the cold supply There too. If the baths on first floor all the supplies come from tge storage tank in attic space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I did wonder if when building places they add shut off valves under the sink so can service them.

Advertisement