Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission on site not under my name

Options
  • 28-02-2024 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

Need help, my partner took over a derilict house from her father who suffered a stroke, he tried to sign up the deeds but couldn't sign as he not fit enough to sign over, she rebuilt the house and has been living there for 12 years now, our family has now expanded and we need to build a large extension, is there any way of getting planning permission granted while the house isn't actually under her name? Her father is still alive and lives in a granny flat on site with my partner being his carer

Post edited by Spear on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭Tow

You need a signed letter giving you permission from the owner to apply for planning. This is common in the commercial world where buildings are leased and permission is required for change of use or improvements etc.

I saying that, I suspect cocos don't actually check the actual ownership.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement