Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Love Story 2024

• 29-02-2024 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

The line up announcement is out for Another Love Story 2024.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭whelzer

Have decided to go to this over ATN 🙃. Last years ATN just didnt do it for us, so giving this a shot instead. Ticks many boxes for the more seasoned festival goer (ie 50s!).

Just 2 nights camping, a lot smaller site, not a bad lineup for what it is. Looking forward to seeing Grandbrothers properly, could hear them last year at BTP but was unable to get my hungover ass out of the sleeping bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Good lineup in fairness, I would choose it over ATN too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭RINO87

Nice lineup. Hope to make it to this at long last.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 r9mcgon

Anyone know the capacity for this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Fanirish

been the same for last few years between 1500-2000 depending on ticket sales

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

Lots of nice additions to this lately…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭VonLuck

When do they normally announce Sunday day tickets? I don't think I could handle a full weekend of camping but would be interested in going for one of the days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

In case you're not on their mailing list Sunday tickets are now available. €61.51 including fees. There's an extra charge for parking this year as well.
    From the email
    "This year's Sunday programme will include star turns from the likes of Ethio Jazz master Hailu Mergia, trad legends Kila, a full band David Kitt show, Donegal blues sensation Muireann Bradley, Sing Along Social fresh off a massive main stage performance at ATN, Glasshouse playing 'Come On Feel the Illinoise' and more across The Manor on Sunday Aug 25th."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Oh great! Do they have a full day by day line-up? I'd be interested to see who exactly is playing on the Sunday.

• Advertisement

I haven't seen a day by day yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,387 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Is this 2 or 3 nights?

2 nights. The music finishes up at about 6 on Sunday evening.

Off-site by 9. No camping allowed on Sunda night.

That's unusual. Means no boozing or whatever else on Sunday if you're driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Jambonjunior

Is it free flow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 TurtleBlues

So excited to go again this year. Great line-up! Is anyone aware of a separate area for carpooling for ALS this year? In desperate need of a loft back to Dublin on the Saturday (afternoon/later that evening)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Jambonjunior

Nice people. Nice festival. But jesus has the music been a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭roll

Great weekend, despite that deluge around 4pm on the Saturday. No gobshitery at all over the weekend (well, not that I saw anyway.) Nice small-ish crowd. Don't remember there being so many dogs around the last time i was there-was it advertised as dog-friendly?

• Advertisement

Was a great little festival, ill do a proper review later. A bit like BTP, the absolute soundness of the crowd made it....a bit more recovery needed and I'll be back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jdawg009

It was my first time going…I'd give it a solid 8/10 tbh. Seen most/all of Dug, Murrien Bradley, Sampa The Great, Ana Palindrome, Grandbrothers, Learfar Legov, Yard, Hannah Holland, Ellie O Neill, Oisin Leech (was not great), Emmy Shigeta, My Name is John, Reclaim the Mainframe, Claire Beck - was fantastic, Nialler9 was pretty good, Modselector were great (some of my group thought hit and miss), LaserTom, caught 15 mins of glasshouse which sounded good, Halilu Mergia didnt do it for me, but Sing Along Social and Kila were a great way to end. The site is top notch imho, nearly as good at the B&S site. Loads of nooks and crannies to explore. Both food and booze were also pretty decent. The crowd were absolutely sound out, zero hassle or messiness….will probably go next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Good review and broadly in agreement. Thought music was perhaps a little weaker than '23 (and there seemed to be some issues with the soundboard setup throughout the weekend?) but certainly some standouts in there (I thought New Jackson followed by Modeselektor on the Saturday night was superb) and the Sunday trad options down by Moon River are the perfect tonic after the late nights in the Treehouse.

Enjoyed the food (hat-tip to the Venison spit as welcome new addition this year) and O'Haras offers a great variety on the pints.

As others have said, the ALS crowd are pretty much the highlight here - just incredibly friendly atmosphere cultivated throughout the weekend, makes it so enjoyable.

Advertisement