Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭ascophyllum

Sunny and feels like 17-18° in West Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Lovely day in Galway too. Dry and sunny. The growth is insane again. Busy weekend in garden.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

10 degrees in the north east feels more like 7/8 though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭appledrop

10 degrees, cold and wet in NCD.

Wasn't it a lovely summer all the same😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Still early into the season I wouldn't right it off yet and in fairness May has been overall been very good. June and July may be crackers…fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Rubbish weather the last couple of days - Cool, grey, drizzle and wind. Awful stuff.

However we can’t complain too much I guess as the last few weekends were lovely.

Re This summer, It’s all about July and August for me. Would love these two months to be good. I will take an average/ poor June if it means we get a cracking July and August. Last July felt like winter. We certainly don’t want a repeat of that.

Ah I'm only joking, May has been outstanding we can't complain, numerous days in the 20s, but seriously it is Ireland and summer doesn't always work out.

I remember one Bank Hoilday weekend, think it was June one we went to the beach 3 times as there was a heatwave. My husband was like relax we have all summer, we never got weather that nice again for the whole summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭acequion

Jaysus but some of the posts here over the past 24 hours make for grim reading. If myself and some other posters went on like that we'd be accused of depressing everyone 🙄

And for all the doom and gloom re forecasts of dartboard lows and what have you, it's actually been a really nice week here in Tralee, much nicer than what was forecast. Now while I wouldn't call May outstanding, it certainly has been nice so far, mainly dry and pleasant and reasonably mild and I'm thrilled with how my garden is looking and the flowers are blooming. 😀

I try not to get too carried away by the forecasts, they can be very depressing [hint, hint Gonzo!]. And sometimes it can turn out better. That said, I'll do plenty of complaining too if there is a crappy spell. But in fairness we haven't seen that in quite a few weeks. Fingers crossed.🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Be a few degrees warmer tomorrow and I like that met Office actually included the rest of Ireland and not just northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kutebride

BrIght and sunny Meath.

13⁰

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭giveitholly

MT gives his summer forecast at the end of his daily forecast this morning for anyone that wants a peek

Make the most of the morning hours because rain is coming from SW.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Transition between fine morning and potentially wet afternoon/evening starting in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Cool photo @DOCARCH

Plenty cloud moved in across Meath now after morning sunshine..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Lovely again in Dublin today...bit cooler but nice and sunny. Not expectedthis today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The Satellite captures the higher cirrus well, after a dry start here in Kerry raining on and off to varying degrees since around 09.30, was down to a mist a short time ago and cloud had lightened but light rain now again and probably the way it will continue for some hours to come. 13.2C feeling cool this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭pureza

Its been a perfect day here in Singapore for weather anoraks,hot,34c but very humid and monumental thunderstorms inbetween

More of this tomorrow please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭OldRio

15C cloudy and quite blustery. Leitrim.

Horrible horrible afternoon,heavy driving rain coming from a southeast direction and feeling cold in the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Looks like some nasty showers tomorrow afternoon in the south and Midlands warnings will most likely be issued

• Advertisement

Yep we have been out since early and it's lovely and like that wasn't expecting it. It is a bit breezy but that means all the clothes will be dry later on!

It's always the same in Singapore. 30-35C and sticky. Too boring and hot for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Absolutely grim day in Cork, so wet and a day that wouldn’t look out of place in January.

Cycled 140km around the Beara peninsula, it was “fun”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭acequion

The Beara penninsula is gorgeous even on a bad day, but I guess today was not the ideal day to cycle it. Same story in Tralee but for once it suited me as I needed a bit of indoor downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I don’t think I’ll be seeing any rain in my location, I might get some drizzle at that’s about it, garden as dry as dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

N Dublin, a very dry May here ..

Yeah some stations in the East have seen very little rain apart from 2-3 heavy thunderstorm days.

Dunsany = 21.8mm (May Average = 65mm)

Dublin Airport = 20mm (May Average = 59mm)

Same pattern in the west

Valentia = 30mm (May Average = 93mm)

Mace Head = 38mm (May Average = 81mm)

Meanwhile Cork Airport has gone past 105mm today, been plenty of good weather and somehow we're going to end up with close to 150% of LTA again this month. Only Nov → Jan have a LTA of over 100mm and we've just done 11 months straight 😁

• Advertisement

At 90mm here in tipp after 17mm so far today. We have had some nice days but by and large it has been another wet month around these parts

Advertisement