Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Down in GC this week TM a beautiful 27 degrees and wall to wall dawn to dusk sunshine. The light, the heat the colour is just so good for the soul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

enjoy, i'm so sick of lack of sunlight! it's no way to live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭acequion

I would actually trade sunlight for dry conditions, except in summer that is. For me the constant rain is no way to live, any kind of dry is preferable imo. Lashing again this evening in Tralee, literally the minute I left work at 5 it started, I find it soul destroying.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 goingmadted

That plant is the wild blackcurrant. Great scent at this time of year.

Just started pissing out of the heavens here in east clare.

Will this **** every end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Just passed 100mm of rain so far in March and well on course to match February's total of 150mm. Grim stuff tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Unfortunately it looks like going downhill a bit there from tomorrow. I was in Lanzarote for a week until Saturday evening just gone. The week was fairly nice with temperatures in the low twenties and sunny spells. Most people were saying it was over 30° every day because they rely on those amazingly inaccurate displays outside the pharmacies.

Only on the last day did it get nicely warm, up to about 28°, with light winds..... Typical.

The Spanish Met Office high level forecast for Gran Canaria is not all that good looking for the remainder of the week but on the upside, it's better than at home..... Plus you're not working 😁

I’ll keep you posted highdef but lots of areas of GC have their own micro climate and where I am is the sunniest warmest part of the island.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Raining for much of the evening now here near Tralee, the roads are getting seriously cut up back my way, one house near me put a traffic cone out to mark massive potholes outside their house, looks like no let up with the ECM making for grim reading showing between 50mm and 80mm projected for Kerry over the next 10 days and very wet up along Western counties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

On this day back in 1986, the strongest wind gust for March was recorded at Malin Head, Co. Donegal. 

It was an incredible 167 km/h (>Storm Force 12) 🌊🌬️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭acequion

A very different day today in Tralee. I would say a pet day but we seem to yoyo here from a non stop deluge day followed by a lovely day followed again by deluge and so on. Crazy stuff. I mainly come on here on the dreadful days to bitch and depress people, lol 😁 So am here today to enthuse about how nice it was. Dropped everything, finish work earlier on Wednesdays anyway and out the country for a fabulous walk. You could literally smell the vegetation bursting into life and just a joy to be out in it. Life would be so much more pleasant if we only had a little more of this. But without even checking the forecast I'd bet we're yoyoing back to deluge tomorrow. Easter holidays next week and I really want to get a start on cleaning up my garden so will be really fed up if it's a wash out. A trip to Malta planned the week after Easter for my first dose of decent spring weather. Bring it on!😃

• Advertisement

Turned out a gorgeous evening in Dublin with no wind or clouds and not that cold. Lovely evening for a jog, more of this please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Was posted over on netweather. Looks like the over the last 2 weeks El Niño has crashed. Wonder what effect that will have on our weather over the coming months?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Well done Yet again Oscar. Nasty storm on the archive charts. Amazing how Malin Head was top of the charts back then. Incredible gust alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

It was a common occurrence until the last 10 or so years

Another drizzly day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain back here in Meath. Brace yourselfs as we will soon be entering an incredibly unsettled 7 to 10 day period with the washing machine recycling deep areas of low pressure over us next week, Easter and possibly into the following week. High rainfall totals and flooding could become a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Class, badly needed 🫠

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Just to follow up on this high def the last 2 days were more of the same glorious sunshine and warm temperatures I’d guesstimate around 25/26 absolutely gorgeous. Gone a bit cloudy here in South of GC this evening but still a lovely warm bright evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Cheers for that, I can only assume you are staying in or around the English Beach (Playa Del Ingles)? I see it got to around about 23/24° with good sunny spells in that area today so not too bad at all. Best part of the island by far. Tomorrow looks similar, maybe closer to low twenties and then a few showers the following day (maybe longer spells of light rain on Saturday morning). Could be far far worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Oh definitely, Malin Head and the Belmullet peninsula were top of the pops. The storm track is more southerly now and less intense as regards windspeeds. I'd say you notice the difference more than anyone Donegal, well depending on your vintage 😄

I’m down in Playa Del Cura Highdef so a little further south and west than PDI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Great to see a sunrise. Went out in it too early morning. Wouldn't it be lovely every morning for the Easter Holidays.

6⁰ Meath

blowing a gale out there today, the few days of no wind were lovely, normal service resumes ffs

Some very heavy squally showers, bit of hail mixed in the last one. Brief period of -6 uppers across the N tomorrow morning. Maybe the mountain tops could see a brief dusting.

Tonight

Cold and windy on Friday night with a clear spells and showers, some of the showers will be heavy and prolonged with hail and thunder possible. Some wintry falls are possible, mainly over the hills. Lowest temperatures of 1 to 4 degrees in fresh to strong westerly winds. A touch of frost is likely in some sheltered spots.

-8 uppers park over Lerwick for a couple of days but that’s as close it gets to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Lovely day in Cork, blue skies and great drying with a strong north westerly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

It was a beautiful sunny chilly morning in Dublin, turning into a lovely bright, but windy afternoon. I finally got the grass cut for the first time of year, and the rain has literally just arrived as I packed away the lawnmower 10 minutes ago. Ah well.

Post edited by Hippodrome Song Owl on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Recent heavy shower in Greystones. Temps have taken a tumble. Was 12.5c. Now 7.5c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭pureza

Very gusty down here in Arklow in those showers

Howling during them,gusts in the high 60's kmh WNW

Advertisement