Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank holiday

• 02-03-2024 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi guys.

I got a new job and they dont wanna pay for bank holidays until 3 months as it will be my probation period in work. Is it legal to deny the payment for these days? I never heard it about. And in this case the normal holiday is paid or not? As they even didnt mentioned. I guess i have 20 days for an annum and that would be must paid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

“Full-time workers have immediate entitlement to benefit for public holidays and part-time workers have entitlement to benefit when they have worked a total of 40 hours in the previous 5 weeks.”

https://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/what_you_should_know/public-holidays/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,032 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Pass your probation (get it in writing if it's less than 6 months), then complain to Workplace Relations.

Or just say "feck 'em" and get a new job: if the employer is messing this up, they're likely doing other dodgy things too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

This is the time during which everyone including your employer is supposed to be on their best behaviour, if they are prepared to play silly bugger games at this point, you can expect more to come. So you need to consider it this it the job for you.... it it were me and I was in dire need of the job I walk away.

Advertisement