Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ford mondeo mk4 - abs sensor replaced but the lights are still on

Options
  • 03-03-2024 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I'm getting warning messages for ABS error, hill assist error, and parking assist error. All the lights on the dashboard remain illuminated. The mechanic only charged for the sensor, which was fair, but mentioned something about voltage differences in the two wires. I'm not an electrician or mechanic, but he said: '12V is coming through one wire and only 6V through the second one; 6 volts are missing somewhere, you need an electrician.'

Can anyone help me understand what was he talking about? Cause i couldn't find much on the Internet. And why the warning lights persist even after replacing the ABS sensor? Or at least recommend a good electrician in Dublin. Thanks in advance to all.

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement