Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir F3000 - Ethernet connection not detected and Wifi connection continually disconnecting

Options
  • 04-03-2024 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi,

On one laptop, there are no issues at all. The wired connection is detected and there is no problem with the wireless connection.

On another laptop, the ethernet connection is no longer detected and the wireless connection continually disconnects. I am using Windows 11. I have tried resetting the router, using different ethernet cables, restarting the laptop, uninstalling the wireless driver etc.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you resolve it? Any suggestions for what else to try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Having exactly the same issue with Eir, would be interested in resolutions/suggestions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

had an issue where my pc would recognise a connection but no internet was available also with the F3000, tried the usual swapping cables, drivers etcx but got a work-around by plugging the F3000 into my network switch and then connected the PC to the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Robert Nairac

I was using a USB hub to plug in the ethernet connection and now I have plugged the cable directly into the port on the laptop instead. The wired connection seems to be working okay for the time being.

I am wondering if it was a recent Windows update that caused the problem. I don't know.

Post edited by Robert Nairac on

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Robert Nairac

I'm still having this problem. It continually disconnects using an ethernet cable or connecting wirelessly. Is anyone else having the same problem? Have you found a solution? I am out of ideas.

My phone connects fine and never drops off. It only happens on my laptop.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Laptop seems to be the let indicator here update the WiFi and ethernet drivers bios etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement