Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car garage selling 🍋

Options
  • 05-03-2024 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I bought a Audi A5 from a dealer in Carlow

Car was not what was advertised and the condition wasn't what was advertised...

Got a bank loan to pay for this car over 11k I paid... Car was taken off the road a couple of weeks later with serous engine problem's and oil leaks, I have mail's from the dealer's and text messages stating that "NO INVESTMENT NEEDED ON MY BEHALF"

The garage basically told me too F off and he would wait for a summons

I left a review on his website and he keeps reporting it... (I have mail's asking me to change my review)

I have have screenshots saying he is the sole operator and owner of the company and he doesn't know who mailed me?

I put an ad up on donedeal to make everyone aware of this type of misleading and false advertising, just basically to highlight it...

I'm seeking legal advice at the moment...

I don't know if I can mention the dealer's name or garage name?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭beachhead

Dealer will/saying you took the car as seen.Now denying any gaurantee? Get a solr asap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

Calm down on the bad reviews, and in particular the dondeal advert.

It will do nothing to help your case tbh, and even if 100% true, is not the correct course of action to get the result you want.

What exactly has been diagnosed as the problem with the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭JVince

No price and the advert was 45 days old

Did that not set off alarm?

Did you not get it checked before buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

What mechanic checked it for you before buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sir.Piercy

The price was on the advert... 11950

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Sir.Piercy

A lot of issues with the car...

I gave my honest opinion of my experience dealing with this company/Dealer

I have followed up the CCPC in regards to the matter and have an appointment with a solicitor today

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Firstly, stop attempting to libel the company. If you want to pursue a legal route to get this resolved, then you need to follow the law too.

Secondly:

Car was not what was advertised and the condition wasn't what was advertised...

Have you details of what the original advert claimed (not that it nmakes a difference as it is only an advert, not a contract)?

In terms of the car not being what was advertised, what kind of car were you hoping to buy?

Why did you buy it if it wasn't as advertised?

Car was taken off the road a couple of weeks later with serous engine problem's and oil leaks,

What exactly has been diagnosed as being wrong with the car?

Where is the oil leaking from exactly?

Is it losing much oil?

In the time you were driving it, how many Km did you put on it and how much oil did you need to put in the engine?

Who told you to take it off the road?

Next, what written warranty did you receive from the dealer?

Without naming them, was it a dealer or some lad who flogs a few cars?

I have mail's from the dealer's and text messages stating that "NO INVESTMENT NEEDED ON MY BEHALF"

I really don't know what the above means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

"Car was not what was advertised and the condition wasn't what was advertised..."

So you either didn't look at the car or just accepted whatever the salesperson said to you before driving away.

Best of luck with your fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If it was a seller in the business. If it was a private sale and "sold as seen" then the OP is on their own!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Def_IRL

Ask your NCT centre for a print out of the last NCT and use that to check the mileage is correct. If he has clocked it, you have a better chance of getting money back

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

@Seth Brundle

first line in OP:

>I bought a Audi A5 from a dealer in Carlow

Advertisement