Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attend Conference?

• 05-03-2024 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there. I'm having an issue in work and I'd appreciate some advice.

I'm attending a conference soon that my company wants me to go on. It is abroad and requires an overnight stay.

However - I am quite sure that I will be leaving the company soon. I no longer want to work in the area I am currently in, and I'm not happy.

Is it wrong of me to attend this conference, when someone else could go? If I attend, and then leave soon after, would it reflect badly on me?

Or, as I am still employed with the company, should I continue to fulfill the responsibilities of my role and attend?

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Since you have not made any definite plans and to no actions to implement them, then you need to continue carry out your duties as required. You might not leave at all or it could be 12, 24, or 36 months before you actually get to the point where you firm up your plans. You would not be the first one to completely change your mind again in the next few months/

Advertisement