Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistant Principle Hiring

• 05-03-2024 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Potentially looking to apply for Assistant Principal roles and move into the public sector if possible.

I have read that Publicjobs.ie is the best place to start but there are limited jobs there currently. Just a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know when the open competitions may start?
    2. What is the approximate pay range for AP level?
    3. On Publicjobs.ie, do you just search for AP and hopefully see a role suited to my experience or is there a better way to do this?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

No one can tell when the competitions start. Just keep an eye

Google civil service pay scales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Kirbi

The current large Open AP competition is due to end in October this year. In general, a new competition may be expected to launch a few months before then - maybe in the mid-late summer?

As mentioned above, Civil Service pay scales are freely available online, and can be found with a Google.

The AP competencies are also available if you search and these will give you a steer on what's expected.

The boards thread for the current AP comp (Assistant Principal 2022) should also provide good context. That might be a lot to parse at once, but the first post has the competition booklet which you should definitely look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Unlucky_slevin

Coimisiún na Mean have a lot of positions at the moment. Can't remember if I saw AP but Deffo a few HEO spots

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Swilly22

Hi all pay scales are available if you Google civil service pay scales. I'm pretty sure FORSA have a list. AP starts around €78K

Advertisement