Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jetblue - Dublin to NY

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pureza

Ive seen B6 fares on google flights direct on some days to JFK for €1690 which is a reasonable fare

TAP regularly offer a long but comfortable route via LIS often in the €1300 to €1600 range

Then theres saga class on Icelandair often around the €1100 to €1200 range but not with lie flats but instead wide premium economy style seats a bit like USA first class seats but with lounge access in KEF and two 4 or 4.5 hour-ish legs

No bargains on Delta but good fares sometimes on AA

MOD edit for clarity on airport & airline codes.

Post edited by Tenger on

• 51st and green is grand but you can’t possibly compare it to lhr long hoaul lounges like galleries or even the far superior Cathay one. Both of these are spacious, great seating, great food choice, fancy showers, unlimited drinks nothing like the basic busy 51st and green offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

B6 do not offer dedicated lounges at any destination

I would disagree with you that 51st and green is streets ahead of the galeries club lounges in heathrow either,it is not

The terrace at galeries club north for instance has lovely new seating and expansive apron and runway views

In fact,all the seating in galeries club was renewed in january,youd find a lot of chaff on them in 51st and green

It has showers too,where are the showers in 51st and green? Food choices at GC north are the same as in South or at the B gates and ahead of 51st and green

All of the alcohol is self pour

No pints of guinness at the GC's though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah absolutely disagree with that.

51&G is very much below average for a J lounge. The bar set up in particular is far too small for the amount of flights its handling now. Taking away the Taytos & newspapers was a cheap move. Toilets are pretty poor. Apron views are excellent I'll give them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I’d be with you in this; I have only used 51st and Green once compared to possibly 100 times at BA lounges of all hues up to an including the Concorde Rooms (LHR and JFK). 51st and Green has free pour alcohol but is other wise more comparable to an Admiral’s Clublounge. Galleries Club lounges can be busy but the food and beverage choices etc are far beyond 51st & Green. Relatively irrelevant as the Dublin options are what they are.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I was looking at the FR24 data over the last week. (I only have a free account)
    They have used a mix of A321neo and A321LR on the routes from BOS and NYC.
    (6 occasions out of the last 8 days) (16 rotations)

Their A321neo have 16/144 cabin, while the newer A321LR have the 24/114 cabin. (with Mint Suites)
    They appear to have 9 A321LRs, each of these have N40xxJ regs. (3 more on order)

Regs in the N21xxJ range are transcontinental A321neos, with no ovens in Y Class
    (Their domestic A321neo have an all economy cabin of 200 seats)

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/JetBlue-Airways

Post edited by Tenger on

I think the neo's don't have ovens hence the cold meals.

A bit of EU261 to be paid out today I see

No alternatives which is the risk with this airline

https://airlive.net/news/2024/04/10/jetblue-b6842-to-new-york-jfk-is-returning-to-dublin-follow-u-turn-over-the-atlantic/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The article suggests an engine issue, are these P&W powered?

Occasional cancellations are to be expected, it’s how quickly B6 can recover schedules across the Atlantic that matters and so far they seem to be doing okay. The other week an LHR-JFK flight diverted to SNN, within a couple of hours a spare A321LR was en route from AMS to pick passengers up and continue the journey. There’s a suggestion that they have a ‘hot spare’ based in Europe for these events.

Interestingly, that flight was also an engine issue. It was a brand new frame, only on its 4th commercial flight.

Don't they still have the EI codeshare? So in theory they could funnel IRROPs pax through EI to BOS/JFK?

I asked a mate and yes, the codeshare is still in place.

Looking for 140 seats across 3 EI flights to NYC might be doable now. But once we hit summer peak it will be a slim option.

But Then again, every airline endures this operational risk when they enter a new market.

Post edited by Tenger on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

EI will only be too happy to 'sell' any empty seats on its flights if another carrier needs a dig out, its revenue and a chance to capture those passengers for future travel, EI has hot food in Y, B6 doesn't on its Dublin flights

PW engines are a problem across the industry, the repair timeline is not good

Post edited by goingnowhere on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

They don’t, two good friends used them twice recently between Dublin and New York, they were served cold salad type meals, not a massive deal really.
    I believe some of their aircraft are fitted with ovens and some are not so it may depend on aircraft availability

The "no hot food" thing/confusion is due to the fact that they are mainly using "Transcontinental" A321neos on the route. (Regs are in the N21xxJ range)

These are 16/144 config, with no ovens in Economy. (Mint class does have hot food)
    Instead they have 5 cold options, each passenger chooses 3 of these to create their own meal.

On a number of occasions they have used one of their 8 A321LRs into Dublin. These have 24/113 seats. And hot ovens in economy. (Each of these has N40xxJ reg)

They have 3 more of these on order.

Post edited by Tenger on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Jesus the food on JB is Manky.

I had hot food once. It was tiny and still Manky.

All the other times it was cold. Like freezing cold and sometimes ice in it. It tasted like something that was supposed to be served hot, but they just handed it to you straight out of the fridge. No tea either. Just green tea.

Do yourself a favour and bring your own food on Jetblue.

Domestic service on JetBlue is a different kettle of fish to their transatlantic product.

And there is a reason that comedians have been talking about airplane food for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭SharkMX

The JB lights I was on were all transatlantic. And the food is so, so much worse than any other airline food. Its on a whole other level of Manky.

• Advertisement

MOD POST

This isn't a pissing competition regarding J Class travel and airmiles.

If you want to discuss that, then start a dedicated airmiles thread. Many people travel for different reasons and under different circumstances.

No-one is "doing it wrong"

Insults towards other posters wont be tolerated either. Any further derogatory remarks will result in a holiday from A&A.

Non-Jetblue posts will be deleted by end of day

MOD POST

They do but the flight was cancelled in the late afternoon,meaning precious little options left bar sending them via London on BA or Virgin and that would have been tight

Review from head for points of the London Boston flight

https://www.headforpoints.com/2024/05/14/review-jetblue-mint-business-class-flight-london-heathrow-to-boston/#commentsContent

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Macrophage 449

Anyone know how this route is performing?

very well it seems

From expertflyer,this is a map of todays assigned seats in Economy to JFK

The solid blue squares are assigned seats

It's Full

They've a brand new Neo delivered march 24 doing the Boston route this morning I see,new mint with doors that one I think but does it have an oven in the back ?

The irony is,its gate is right beside 51st and green with no access

(I'm flying American today,so not an issue but,they should bundle access shouldnt they or at least give their customers a discount ?)

N2180J is an A321-271NX.

So it is a domestic configured A321neo rather than an international A321LR.

A321LRs have "NY" at the end. The Aer Lingus (now Iberia) A321XLRs are A321-253NY.
    As is the AA one, MSN 11520.

An acquaintance online explained it to me.

25x = Leap 1A engine.

27x = PW1100G engine.

N = original door config

NX = new door config

NY = XLR

Advertisement