Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obesity as a Disease - Medication

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭LastApacheInjun

Hello all.

I seem to have finally broken my plateau. I've been cycling between 186 and 188 over the past four weeks, but this morning the scales popped up at 184.2lbs. So that's 21lbs lost over the past 15 weeks.

Side effects wise, not much change. I'm afraid I still get diarrhoea at least two days a week, though it seems to be getting less severe over the past two weeks. I'm taking a teaspoon of psyllium husks every day, and have now added a chewable fibre supplement. I don't know whether it's the supplements, or whether it's my body getting used to the medication but I'm hoping the side effects continue on a downward trajectory.

The medication is still making me fuller quicker. I'm definitely feeling more hungry than in the first six weeks, but still not the kind of hunger I used to experience pre-Ozempic. Cravings for sweet food are definitely back, most unfortunately. I'm not tracking calories, but my feeling is that I'm eating less of the sweet food as I need less of it to trigger the "enough" feeling.

One thing I have done, despite all my protestations on exercise above, is join a gym. The membership doesn't start until September (as they are refurbing their swimming pool and that's half the reason I want to join) but I feel like I have a bit more energy and time at the moment, which I could dedicate to some exercise. My husband has also joined and is enthusiastic about joining me. I'm also going to sign up my 12 year old daughter, once we have gotten into a routine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just a quick update took my first 1mg hit on Sunday after going through the last two months taking the 0.25 and the 0.5…. and boy oh boy does the 1mg hit different … 😋 my young fella was 21 yesterday and we had a big party at home, pizza, wings, cake etc etc normally I would make a pig of myself but I had no appetite at all. I had one small slice of pizza one sandwich and one wing no cake or nothing…it was amazing I had no desire just felt kinda full almost felt sorry for not getting into the party spirit…

I have lost nothing on the lower doses and I was getting a bit disillusioned with it, but there is a big difference between the lower and the full dose and its giving me hope. Don't feel nauseous or any of the other well known side effects, just a slight full feeling.

Going on hoildays this weekend for a week so it might be a boring holiday 😎

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Advertisement