Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you stop liamog in motors messing with thread titles and just being a general nuisance, he is a

Options
  • 15-03-2024 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

I have had several issues with this MOD can you remove him from motors please

from

re naming threads to nonsense titles that make no sense,

he moves threads into the middle of existing 1,000 posts non related threads

then threatens people if they use bold because that's only for Mods but ignores the thousand other posts with bold in them

Can a CMod look at this please?

or Beasty can you look at him please.

He has PM'd me with at least 40 complaints

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,032 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@daarmcd I have contacted you before with regards your issues with liamog.

liamog is a moderator of the motors forum. Like all moderators across Boards.ie he is responsible for maintenance of the forum, this includes ensuring the forum is efficient and easy to navigate. If lots of threads are opened on similar topics it is usually preferable to keep them in one thread. This would be standard practice in all forums. No posts are moved into the "middle" of 1000 posts non-related threads. If you start a thread that is similar to a thread already running your thread will be merged, and your posts merged in chronological order - if you've started a new thread then your posts will be the most recent in the new merged thread, and added on to the end, not in "the middle".

I have seen your PM exchanges with liamog and he has been nothing but polite to you. He has been helpful in explaining where you should post threads and he has also explained decisions he has taken. You on the other hand have been aggressive and demanding.

As a poster you don't get to demand the removal of a moderator. You may find working with the moderator of a forum will help you get the most out of your experience there.

liamog will not be removed as a moderator of the motors forum. He has not acted in any way out of line. You may not agree with the decision he has taken, but that does not mean that the decisions are wrong.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭daarmcd

• CAN AN ADMIN PLEASE MAKE A DECISION AS BIG BAG OF CHIPS SEEMS TO FORGET WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED

• liamog March 15
    • Your post looked like another EV bargain discussion so was merged there, but changed mind so I've split it out again
    • daarmcd February 11
    • LIAMOG moved it without informing me
    • half an hour after he moved it he sent me a pm
    • the new thread was for people to compare OMSP valuation rates from VRT data directly from revenue website, nothing to do with the thread merged

daarmcd February 15

he has moved another thread into the NI vrt thread

this is about a new tesla from tesla dublin, nothing to do with NI

• daarmcd February 18
    • now he has warned me about using bold italics
    • while completely ignoring another new thread on renault megane price reduction that I posted last week
    • daarmcd February 19
    • now he has changed the title of my hydrogen thread

Big Bag of Chips February 19

Bold text is used by Moderators to warn posts on thread.

Moderators sometimes edit thread titles to make the topic clearer.

I didn't forget what happened. I just don't agree with your complaint. You may not like the decisions made by the moderator, but that doesn't mean the decisions are wrong.

Why have you selectively quoted a PM thread ? A moderator didn't request them, so they shouldn't have been posted. If you wanted to post private messages on a public forum that haven't been requested by a moderator, then you need to at least ask permission of the people involved. And if you are going to post them you need to post them in their entirety.

You are becoming a timesink in the Motors Forum. You have been given a lot of time and explanation from the forum moderator and an Administrator. We have explained how the forum operates and why certain actions were taken. You can't keep dismissing the people who have helped you and asking for someone else instead. You told me you won't deal with liamog again. Now you're saying you want someone other than me to make a decision.

I'm not sure what exactly it is you're looking for. If, as the first line of your opening post here states, you want the removal of liamog as moderator of the Motors Forum then that won't happen. Regardless of who looks at this next.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

@Mickeroo @hullaballoo @awec @Toots are any of you available to review this as per OP's request? I have already reviewed it as an Admin and explained decisions to the OP. I can send you the full PM exchange if required.

@daarmcd I am an Administrator and have reviewed this and found no action needs to be taken. As a gesture of goodwill I have put it to the other Admins, who may or may not decide to review it. Admin decision is final. There is no obligation on another Admin to review. I am offering it to another Admin as you seem very set in your complaint. If another Admin doesn't review it, my decision is final and I ask you to not make complaints about the actions of liamog again.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I can take a look.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

i have looked at this. clearly i am not reviewing another admin's decision because i don't have the authority to do that - no one has because an admin decision is final. however, BBoC has asked for a second look, so i have looked over this to verify BBoC has the underlying facts right.

as a result, i can re-confirm BBoC's decision. that is the end of the matter. @daarmcd you should take it that the outcome of this thread is that now there are at least 2 admins on the site who are keeping an eye on your interactions with moderators.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement