Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Acolyte - Disney+ - (***Spoilers***)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BolloxChop

I can't understand why they don't make more stuff like Andor. That was the best star wars in years. The amount of money they've lost with this tripe and the other crap is mindboggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Are they really trying to make out that Sol can't tell that's Mae? Whatever happened to Jedi being able to sense others or is that just when it's for the plot?

Good episode with plenty of action. Curious about the deactivation of the sabres. And quite definitive ends for the 2 characters. The triple stabbing especially.

Would expect a wookie's sabre would be too big for an average sized person to use, never mind Jecki.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It did get a bit "Red Wedding" this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Episodes 4 and 5 are much better but ye episode 3 was just terrible. Don't even bother finishing that muck episode.

I skipped a week of watching and decided yesterday to watch the latest two and much better. Still not perfect but better.

TTe Yod gone. Can't say I will miss him because I will not. He was just terrible but not as terrible as this tracker who is rubbish altogether. Whoever thought a walking beaver that makes noises would be a good idea as a tracker should be sacked.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

This series is so dull and uninspired. Like almost all of the Disney shows, it hangs on a a few minutes of fun and exciting lightsaber dueling. The rest is poorly written, contrived drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

at the end of the day as they sort of pointed out , Roddenberry and his like were better people, he was a cop and in the air force during the war and had better cinema influences.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

He doesn't call her by her name when he meets her, he simply says "Where's your sister". Its literally the only time he doesn't call her by her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Charlo30

The best episode so far. Which isn't saying much. Probably helped by focusing mainly on action and keeping the dialogue to a minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why weren't all those jedi wearing red cloaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,058 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Number 5 must have been the shortest episode of the series, they must have run out of ideas to take it beyond 29 minutes.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

That Sith lad with the helmet is reminding me of something I can't place, some sort of alien villain creature with an outsized head. A bit the Fades in Wheel of Time but I don't think it's mainly that….

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

That episode was a bit better down to it being a 20 min lightsaber fight.

Story logic is still pants though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ffs more teasing

That was hardly Skellig Michael again, was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Disney's episode run times are **** joke. So many empty filler episodes in an 8 episode season

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

While the first 3 episodes weren't great, I think 4-6 were big improvements. Still don't understand how Sol didn't know it was Mae. I thought maybe he was playing along but then seemed he had to be told.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I took it that it was the effects of the fights, losing the other Jedi etc, that meant he just couldn't see it at first. Once they got a bit outside of that, he was able to see that it was Mae.

The show is alright. Nothing special. Disappointed we didn't get more Carrie-Ann Moss, but Lee Jung-jae and Manny Jacinto have been terrific. Not overly sold on Amandla Stenberg. I don't see a huge difference in her performances of Mae/Osha. Might have been better if she and Dafne Keen swapped roles, but maybe in the final episodes we'll see more from her performance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I've definitely seen a horror movie with a very similar mask/helmet but can't place it yet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I don't think so but it was definetly shot that way to make it appear it might be. Much like Skellig, a lot of green screen either way.

• Advertisement

There's rumours around why Dafne Keen had to be written out this early but so far all involved parties are denying it.

She's rumoured to be returning as Laura/X23 in Deadpool and Wolverine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Jedi cannot always sense each other or other Force users, for example in the Clone Wars Anakin is very powerful but he couldn’t find Plo Koon’s escape pod in the debris of battle in one of the early story arcs, and Palpatine went unnoticed for several decades. Mae might be able to mask herself like him. Also Jedi can get distracted just like everyone else and Sol has just been through an ordeal.

I’m very surprised by the revelation that Sol knew there was more to the witch clan’s demise than has been revealed.

A 30 minute minute lightsaber/Force power fight . Freaking awesome.

The Stranger’s helmet is what affected the lightsabers so I’m guessing it is made from cortosis. He mentioned removing the helmet would allow Sol to read his mind. I have a vague recollection of cortosis being a shield from the Force.

I thought that Kalnacca’s lightsaber had a large hollow section when Mae picked it up but I can’t be sure. Jecki was pretty cool when using it though so I choose to believe it was lightweight. :D

I’m both gutted and impressed by the way the story went.

Post edited by Spon Farmer on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Yes it looked like the helmet had teeth and I thought maybe it looked like something in Resident Evil but now I’m thinking it is something from an anime series.

I will call his That Sith Lad from now ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Advertisement