Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could travel back in time….

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,775 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I ‘d go back and believe that the ’98 ceasefire was the actual end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭lmk123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Reported that guy now, what is wrong with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Get there before July the 19th, Ice Age ended on that day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,775 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’d go back and become a wildlife cameraman . It seems like an amazing job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I recently saw a bit of an old episode of 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown, and the great Sean Locke was asked this question. His answer was to go to Germany in 1933, where he'd try to convince Hitler to change his style of moustache, maybe to a Tom Selleck Magnum-style moustache.

Of course it was Sean's delivery that made it so hilarious.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Convince Napoleon that invading Ireland would work out better than Egypt. The alternate history of a how a French speaking united Irish republic would turn out would be interesting.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭randd1

If I couldn't affect the past, was there purely to observe and given time to do so? The aftermath of the fall of the Roman Empire. It seems to me that technology, art, science, education went backwards in Europe for a while. I'd like to see if it really did, or did it just transition.

If I could change things on a personal level, I'd probably just invest small amounts early in things like Microsoft, Apple, Google and such and just live the easy life.

If I could change things wholesale, I'm not sure I would. There's too much to change, I wouldn't know were to start, and what we know and who we are is a consequence of what has happened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement