Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2024 (Munster And Leinster Championships,Liam McCarthy Cup)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭big_drive

1-23 from starting forwards with each scoring 0-3 or more, that's crazy level of return

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

if Cork had taken their goal chances in the first half they would have been out of sight.

Cork played a large part of the match with 14 men too.

It will be a tough game but I think Cork have the measure of Clare, who were poor yesterday.

If Cork keep Shane O Donnell quiet Id be confident.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

How much were the tickets they said?

Priceless I said !!

Rebels Abú 😁😁😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

Very tight game to call, but the two best teams this year are in the final and rightfully so. I won't make a prediction because I genuinely think its too close to call. It could have easily gone either way the last time they met, but it should be a cracker of a final.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Dont Be at It

I'm glad Limerick are gone but not sure you can say that now. Limerick cleaned Clare in the munster final. If Limerick played cork 10 times they'd probably win 7 or 8 times but that's the beauty of knock out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Beating Limerick twice in one season is some statement from Cork.
    Limerick won 6 Munsters in a row. An incredible achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

Not much of a gambler tbh, maybe one or two bets a year. Happy to show you my history to back it up. Can't remember the last time a backed a GAA match, literally years ago. Just saw a nice bet and happily it came in. Thanks for your concern all the same, problem gambling is a serious issue these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Seadin

But they only played Cork twice and lost both times. Who is to say they would lose all 10 games to Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

@gormdubhgorm I can't quote posts on Boards.ie on the phone for some reason, but i was confident enough that there was a huge performance in us. Thankfully it was enough to get the win.

Neither ourselves or Clare have any interest in second place! We'll work it out between ourselves in two weeks time as to who the best team in Ireland for 2024 is!

Limerick are a great team but Kilkenny under Cody are still the greatest hurling team in my lifetime anyway.

Post edited by Straight Talker on

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Dont Be at It

That's fair 🤣. It's subjective but I'd still have Clare and Cork a bit behind Limerick.

On a different topic... It was great to see a throwback to a goalie lorrying long ball down on top of the half forwards all day long. You'd almost forget what it was like. And I think Limerick might have as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,836 ✭✭✭billyhead

Cork had to play the game of their life's to win today while Limerick had to be a little below par. Fair play to them in winning and I don't think any hurling fan apart from Clare people would begrudge seeing Hoggie lift the Liam McCarthy in 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

To be fair you don't have to go back very far, you could have seen the same thing yesterday, kk did it the whole second half and got cleaned out. I actually thought limerick had started to figure out the cork puckouts in the last fifteen mins and were starting to win a lot of ball off it, fair play to Cork they stuck with it and didn't panic when it looked like they might get pegged back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭cosatron

In the first game, cork highlighted Byrnes and hannon lack of pace and I found it hard to believe that kiely and kinnerk did nothing to counter act it prior to or during the game only when they were down did he move hayes into centerback and finally got a grip in this area and starting to rile them in. Fair play to corks fitness level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭spurshero

did they have to play there other game of there life when they beat limerick a month ago or so as well …. I would look at it as Limerick had 2 chances to knock cork out and they couldn’t . And that’s coming from a galway man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭C__MC

Some game

Limerick will rue those late misses

Commiserations to Limerick though. Their fans suffered a lot of heartbreak over the years, but my god the success they have enjoyed since 2018 has more than made up for that! The ghosts of 1994 and 1996 have been well and truly laid to rest now!

Today was our day though and we deserved that. Neither ourselves or Clare will have any fears of each other in the final either.

As the Aussies would say it should be a ripper of a game! Oh and one last word for Kyle Hayes. No five in a row for you you blackguard!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,929 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

That game is PuC was one of the most amazing games I was ever at in terms od atmosphere and drama. Both of these games actually were "game of their lives" games.

Easily the two best games I have ever been at where I lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

All-Stars to date:

Collins

Hogan

Morrissey

Leen

McInerney

R.Downey

K.Hayes

Fitzgibbon

O'Neill

Fitzgerald

Barrett

Donnelly

Gillane

O'Donnell

B.Hayes

A lot of talk about how Clare won't fear Cork but we won't fear them either!

I think if we can stop Clare from scoring goals then we'll win. In fairness both teams are very strong up front in the forwards i think.

It should be a very open and entertaining final anyway just like both games in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Bot1

And there's the camogie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Collins save today was every bit as seminal as Quaid's at the start of this historic run (especially if they go on to win Liam), and was probably the biggest 'moment' any goalkeeper has produced in the championship to date. Just like how Murphy got his All-Star after 'that' save last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Good man Breezy...I support Clare but I know more about Limerick hurling than you do.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 25,929 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Ya but Murphy should ot have won that All Star.

If you are saying Collins is favourite I agree but if you are saying he is your pick I don't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you have a problem with a post, REPORT IT, no need to mention it on thread, just report it and we'll deal with it, sometimes we'll make a decision not to take action but if you report it we'll action it.

Up for the match running order

A segment on Davy Re 2013

Anthony Nash and those frees

The clare corner back who equalised the drawn game

Loughnane on 95 and 97

Sean Óg on 2005

Semple gate 2007

Any other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Donal Óg gets a bit of guff, but I think he’s a very knowledgeable and insightful pundit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Cork gave us a lesson in what champagne hurling is today!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭French Toast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Glad they mentioned the handpass on the Sunday game...referees are clueless on it by the looks of it

Advertisement