Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2024 (Munster And Leinster Championships,Liam McCarthy Cup)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Absolute muck from Dublin. Embarrassingly bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭MfMan

Only for Colm Lyons, Dubs would be hurling in Boston and NY this weekend. Do you really think Galway would be as uncompetitive as that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Must be something fancy as he's still off cooking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That lad sitting behind Donohoe in the stand must be composing some rant because he has been typing on his phone the whole time the camera has panned to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nice month off for Kilkenny

Cork must be licking there lips now, a half pissed Offaly team next week and then a Dublin team with little confidence

• Advertisement

Kilkenny's biggest ever tally in a Leinster final? Surpasses the 5-21 they hit against Wexford in 2008, and can't imagine they hit more 'back in the day'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Galway were uncompetetive vs Kilkenny in finals plenty of times recently

• Registered Users Posts: 26,060 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

No they wouldn't. Kilkenny spent the group stages in 3rd gear with a load of injuries.

Way ahead of everyone this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Treble double

Kilkenny still second best team in the country, Clare competitive in Munster, Cork promising, everyone else are muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jaysus that was awful, thank God that's the end of the Leinster championship.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mistermiyagi

And just like that, Kilkenny into another All Ireland semi final.

You'll never hear as such, but they must be absolutely laughing at the system.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It;s not Kilkennys fault that others in Leinster have been fairly crap but as a championship it was Utterly Forgettable.

Some Leinster teams now will be playing Munster teams in the weeks ahead, so it will be interesting to see how they go.

Bound to be a shock somewhere, just not sure where.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Knockdromin

“Only for Galway’s inability to win more than two out of five games in a relatively weak championship” would be more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Treble double

Cork will beat Offaly and Dublin. Limerick will beat Cork in the semi. Clare will lose to Limerick tomorrow and then beat Wexford and follow that by losing to Kilkenny in semi.

Limerick will beat Kilkenny by 5 points plus in the final, if the last few years are anything to go by that won't be far off the mark. LImerick and Kilkenny dominating there provinces both have now done 5 in a row. The hurling championship needs a Clare win tomorrow to shake thing up even a small bit

I can’t see anything other than Clare, Cork, Kilkenny and Limerick in the semi finals to be honest. From there onwards nothing would really be a shock.

Cork will walk through Offaly and Dublin. Laois beating Wexford could happen - Antrim and Westmeath have proven as much in the last two years. But the losing Munster finalist will be relatively untroubled in their quarter final.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That's what I would see too although surely there will be at least 1 shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Does anyone know what time a possible Cork v Dublin hurling quarter would be on? I knowxits fixed for Sat 22nd, thurles I think but just checking time of throwin ?

Of course they would. No way on earth Galway or Wexford would basically throw in the towel after 5 minutes. Dublin bad Joe McDonagh level today. I repeat, rubbish Colm Lyons refereeing responsible for tonight's non-event.

Galway took one point from six in their three games against Kilkenny, Wexford and Dublin. Colm Lyons correctly sending a player off against Dublin ain’t the reason why Galway are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

I’m actually shock with how bad Dublin were today. I genuinely think that Carlow would have beaten them.

I’m sure Kilkenny are delighted to win another Leinster title but the championship structure is stupid.

You have five teams in Munster knocking 50 shades of sh1te out of each other each week and then you just have Kilkenny in Leinster who are the only genuine contenders from there that might have a chance of winning the AI.

With all due respect, the worse teams in Leinster (Carlow and Antrim) would have absolutely zero chance of beating Tipp and Waterford the worse teams in Munster. And that’s not just now, that’s for most of the history of the entire sport.

I wonder do Kilkenny think the league is more prestigious than Leinster at this stage. It’s certainly a harder trophy to win.

• Advertisement

This years Galway team. Not a hope.

Making an absolute fool of yourself blaming the ref being a top hurling county like Galway couldn't get out of Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Anyone want to give Kilkenny a bit of credit for their performance today ? No?…..Jaysus!

5 Leinster's in a row for KK.

Limerick favourites to make it 6 straight in Munster, which would be a record.

Perhaps the provinces aren't the golden goose they are made out to be in hurling either.

Kilkenny didn't beat Galway this season and beat Wexford on the back of a bad penalty decision. Very few agree that the David Burke sending-off was a red card and Galway were on top at that point. Do you honestly think Dublin are the second best side in Leinster?

Next year, with Offaly back in the mix, the province should be more competitive at least.

They can only beat what’s in front of them. I’d have criticisms of the Leinster championship and the overall championship format as a whole. If Galway are off colour - which they are prone to every few years - Kilkenny basically have a simple route to an All Ireland semi final.

None of that is Kilkenny’s fault however, hopefully the criticisms don’t come off that way.

They were never ultra competitive. Cork and Tipp won 70% of Munster championships and Limerick most of the rest.

People really really enjoy it and surely that's the best metric.

Fair enough points… it’s just that today’s game was billed as a 50-50 before the throw in but now KK not given much credit.

KK were also missing Cody , Carey and Adrian Mullen for most of the Leinster championship and they’ve shown their class and the difference they can make since they came back into the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Very bad form from Rte not showing the speech today. What the fcuk is that about?

They were very good today. No question about that. It's just as a neutral it was a seriously boring match 😴

• Advertisement

I understand that shocs…. I suppose we’re still not sure where we are after today’s game either.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement