Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2024 (Munster And Leinster Championships,Liam McCarthy Cup)

Options
1808182838486»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Possibly the best reader of the game of any pundit in hurling. Not hard though when most just spout cliches. Of all the different shows and podcasts himself and Murphy I would say teach me more than anyone as to why a game went the way it did. Only Sheedy is better and Daly, Dowling and Og Cusack are good too when they actually just talk tactics and shut up about the other stuff.

Davy done a great job kicking Waterford up the hole and making them contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Skehill is marmite. I dont think he's a good pundit and when he 'reveals' a tactic it's usually so obvious as to not be a surprise or a revelation. He's usually well behind the best pundits or thinkers. He's got that bogman head and accent that it's hard to take him seriously. It's an awful podcast . Murphy is another mammy's boy that you could safely drop into a women's hostel in Argentina and be certain he would go straight to bed and zip up his sleeping bag tight. Probably the worst podcast out there.

All Skehill said about Davy is of course true. Iv no problem with that

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,583 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Haha I like Paul Murphy. Fairly level headed about his reviews of matches/performances. Obviously not much charisma comes out of him but that's ok.

Well if what they say doesn't suit Peggy then they are probably saying the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

I really like skehill and Murphy..I understand what you say about Paul lacking charisma but if you have seen any of the live shows he is a good story teller

I think they are both very knowledgeable and fair in their assessment of games

I would agree with everything skehill said about Davy fitz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

I think Paul Murphy is an excellent reader of the game. I think his problem lies in that he seems terrified to say anything controversial

That's kinda why the podcast is successful. It's the Lethal Weapon/Beverley Hills Cop dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Montys return

They didn't lose a single match in Leinster that year...has anyone else done that since in either province with a round robin?

They should have beaten Kilkenny in 2021 in Leinster, few key moments turned against them in normal time. And had they won that, they'd have had Dublin and Cork in there way to an All Ireland final. What might have been!

The best job Fitzgerald did was the one at Wexford. The Clare one probably the one that deserves most scrutiny. But when all is said and done, they did win an All Ireland and there first league in 50 years.

My point originally was he's the man that everyone loves to hate, and while I'm sure he deserves plenty of criticism there are many who would absolutely refuse to give him any credit at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭kksaints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭kksaints

Because of the shock nature of the Carlow result it felt like a loss for us and a win for Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 King Power Fox

For neutrals out there who is under more pressure this Sunday. Cork to back up earlier performance against Limerick or Limerick to get one step closer to anotherAll Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

I’m yet to speak to somebody in Cork that genuinely expects us to win. It’ll be a great occasion and I give us a minimal chance, but maybe that’s not a bad place to be. I just can’t see us beating them twice in a year.

The pressure is definitely with the favourites. Only exception will be the few older Cork players who might not get another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,868 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

All the pressure is on limerick, they're favorites and they're chasing history. Cork can go out and hurl.

But limerick have repeatedly shown that they handle pressure fantastically, and I see no reason for them not to win. They've been smoothly going up through the gears since the defeat to Cork. They are missing a few key players but i just think they have the advantage everywhere. As they used to say about kk back in the day, these lads don't do romance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭MfMan

Galway in 2022 or 2023 didn't lose in the round robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,400 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think there is pressure on Limerick to win the match (because they are favourites, reigning AI champions, going for 5 in-a-row etc.), but there is pressure on Cork to put in a good performance. If Cork are poor tomorrow, then the question will be asked if are they actually making progress, and if the win against Limerick earlier in the championship was down to Limerick not being too bothered. A good performance, albeit with a narrow loss, then it can be viewed that Cork are building for next year, they can be the ones to topple Limerick in 2025 etc. That's my take on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭usernamethatsnotinuse

think the good performance from cork would have to be matched with a pretty poor performance from limerick. cant see anything but a limerick 5 in-a-row. The gap to the rest is still massive

Advertisement