Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Retailer lying about dispatching order

• 23-03-2024 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

At the start of the month I bought a safe from an Irish office supplies company online. Even though it was in stock, and still is, it still hasn't been dispatched. I rang them after a week and they said that the distributor didn't send it out and that the manager was going to collect it himself that very day. Still nothing. Rang again a week ago, said that DPD had picked it up and it was due to be delivered the following day. Nothing. At this point I thought they might be masking distributor problems so I found the exact same safe from another Irish company and sent them the link - told them to buy it there and have it shipped to me at their cost. They agreed and said that it would be ordered yesterday "100%". I contacted the Irish company selling this alternative last night and they got back to me to say that no such order was placed etc etc. unbelievable.

The company I'm having difficulty with is based in a county about 1.5hours away. I'm contemplating taking a day off work and driving down there but I shouldn't have to. How might I escalate this a better way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Allinall

Just cancel the order and get it from the other company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭bemak

I'm just worried that if I cancel the order I'll have the same hassle getting my money back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

How was it paid for? Can you get a chargeback through your bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 foxhunter2024

He probably hasn’t your item in stock and it’s still being made in china.

That's why I lined up the alternative to get them out of the jam. Fuckers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

At this point I thought they might be masking distributor problems so I found the exact same safe from another Irish company and sent them the link - told them to buy it there and have it shipped to me at their cost. They agreed and said that it would be ordered yesterday "100%". I contacted the Irish company selling this alternative last night and they got back to me to say that no such order was placed etc etc. unbelievable.

In all honesty, it sounds like both safe companys are not professional and the second one just broke GDPR by discussing an order you didn't place with you (a third party). If you have sense you wouldn't go with the second company because they certainly don't obey the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This

So typical now of ‘startups’ here now. Basically Tom, Dick or Harry registering a business name and either drop shipping or equivalent. Not a tap of work done themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

talk to your bank OP- especially if you paid by credit card and start the chargeback process - life’s too short to keep trying to get the company to deliver- sounds like they’re either incompetency or worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭rob316

OP I'm familiar with this, run a business in same sector.

All office supplies online sites, the stock is provided centrally by a distributor in Dublin. My best guess without knowing the SKU is its a direct delivery order and drop shipped direct from manufacturer.

If you want to PM me the link or SKU/product code I can advise on the actual stock status on it, I can advise exact lead time.

However that company is giving you the run around, just cancel, any hassle issue a chargeback.

Thanks for the offer of looking it up. I cancelled the order on Wednesday, ordered the same safe from a different Irish retailer and it was delivered on Friday. Bizarre!

Still chasing refund on original purchase, but it's only been a few days. I'm sure it'll come through this week 😑

• Advertisement
Advertisement