Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Sweden

Options
  • 23-03-2024 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Heading to Sweden from Ireland. Should I buy krona currency on the Revolut app and pay using that (if that’s possible), or just use my standard euro account? Or just use my Irish bank Visa card.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Worked perfect. I exchanged money in the app before I left. Revolut will always opt for the local currency when you pay (I was using my phone, don’t have card). There’s no extra fees. Worked fine after my SEK kr ran out also, but not sure if I got a good exchange rate. You can also link it to the bus app and use that to pay for tickets. Great city.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭patdots1

I'm going over next week, how did revolut workout for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It probably won't matter how you do it Mon-Fri but if I was going to be there and using Revolut at weekends, I'd preload my account during the week (i.e. outside the weekend) with SEK to get the currency at (almost) interbank. You will not get such a good rate at weekends if you pay an SEK bill when there isn't enough SEK in your account and the money is deducted from your Euro balance.

Advertisement