Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Home Anchors

Options
  • 25-03-2024 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi, anyone know where to buy mobile home ground anchor kits? For example, the Auger screw type that can be drilled into soil or set in concrete? Any tips appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭65535

Well I have 2 metal sheds and I was determined that they would not fly away - local problem is that there is a wind funnel on the side of the the house where the prevalling south weserly winds are channeled into a narrow space increasing their 'gustyness'.

I purchased rebar formed into the letter U but with ends on each top of the letter U that are concreted into the ground.

A part of the U is above ground and then I used truck ratchet straps (2 for each shed on a cross over format) to tie the sheds down.

I got the U bars made out in Heiton Steel in Bishopstown in Cork but I'm sure any local steel provider would make up something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

not sure about where to get auger (and not sure how strong they might be) but hooks / bars in concrete is the way to go for sure. I have spent many summers in a mobile in Ballybunion and all the mobiles in the park are secured this way. And let me tell you, it gets rough in the winter!

+1 on the truck ratchet straps … I would add that its very common to run the straps over the chassis / axle instead of over the top / roof. The thinking is that if the wind lifts the mobile, and the straps are over the roof, then the wagon gets squashed upwards …. If they are underneath then it cant be lifted.

Advertisement