Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Boys: Ride or Die

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 emilyhlib

Really! I have been waiting for a sequel to the movie for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 86,690 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joe Pantoliano is back and McSteamy aka Eric Dane the villain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Zzz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I saw it on a headline on Empire but I thought it was announcement that the film was going into production.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,696 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is a crazy turn around on this filming wrapped on March 4th and it hits cinemas June 7th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,859 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The third film was one of the most boring things I've ever seen. Hard pass from me.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Last one was shite, be giving this a wide miss

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honest to god when this trailer dropped I just assumed it was the third Bad Boys film. Despite having seen the actual third one that came out.

Say what you will about Michael Bag his absence has made these sequels look and feel very drab and pedestrian.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,859 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

"Michael Bag". I got a laugh out of that for some reason.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

It's the only thing on at my local Cineworld. I just can't be arsed after remember how tedious the third film was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭sioda

Big improvement from the last film TBF but that's not saying much.

Brain off and enjoy as the storyline is barely there.

Overall lots of call backs too previous films and great step up for Reggie.

Perfect summer action guide fodder I enjoyed it and would easily watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Imagine they will crank out another one before Smith is Sixty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭santana75

Saw this yesterday and I've never actually seen the other 3 movies so I have no frame of reference but I enjoyed it way more than I should've. Although Martin Lawrence was slurring his dialogue something fierce, which was distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

Martin Lawerence is not a well man. Saw the film last night. The first half hour epitomised the worst of stereotypes. Then the movie picked up. Great ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Sooo bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Really enjoyed that. Great movie just to chill out and have a few beers. Martin Lawrence is really annoying in it though. I don't know if he's just a really shlte actor, or if that is the role he is asked to play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I actually saw the fourth film before seeing the third, and found it surprisingly enjoyable… once it was out of the frankly insufferable opening half hour. It was painful to watch those opening chapters, but when it kicks into gear there’s just enough verve to the action, humour and profoundly silly storytelling to keep it all lively and enjoyable. Not great, but better than a fourth Bad Boys should be.

But going back to the third one, it was striking how much more subdued (relatively speaking) Lawrence was there. It’s hardly a small performance and is occasionally quite annoying, but they go all in on an obnoxious, exaggerated version of the character in the fourth film. It’s hard to believe the same creative team were behind both films in that particular regard, even if the action direction in the fourth is a lot more dynamic and ambitiously staged than its predecessor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I know it's not the most demanding of story lines to follow, but this is one situation where one film leads directly into the next film i.e. the story line from part 3 to part 4. I would definately have recommended watching 3 before 4,. But as I say, I'm sure you got the jist of the storyline fairly quick. i.e. his baddie son, baddie mother witch etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh no doubt, but the film very much catches you up on the pertinent details - didn’t really feel lost at all following what was going on. It was interesting going back to the third one after it to add that extra bit of little context (and a fair bit more Joey Pants), but it was the tonal difference in Lawrence’s performance that stood out most.

• Advertisement
Advertisement