Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Vision Pro

Options
  • 27-03-2024 9:51am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Surprised there isn't a thread on this already.

I was in San Fran last week and booked an appointment to try the Vision Pro, I've used the Meta headsets in the past, and with my dodgy eyesight, they didn't really work.

So as i was sitting there waiting for the Vision Pro to boot up, i was praying it wouldn't work, as if it didn't i wouldn't have been lusting after one to purchase.

When it went past the initial boot screen, i was completely shocked. This device is absolutely incredible, i was in awe of how it worked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,661 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I was in San Fran last week and booked an appointment to try the Vision Pro

I think that’s why there isn’t a thread on it already - it’s not available outside the US yet, and even there it’s still $3,500 for a device that’s in a pretty niche market, unlike ubiquitous devices as smartwatches and smartphones which are considerably more widely available and much more affordable.

Spectacular device, no doubt, and there’s a bit of discussion on it in the WWDC thread, but before shelling out $3,500 I think people would need a bit more than a snazzy boot screen on a pair of ski goggles. I’ve seen some influencers on YouTube compare it to using a laptop in public as if they’re actually comparable, but it’s not even remotely similar! It just feels as though they’re being paid to market it that way to make it appear less unwieldy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I have yet to see a specific need that these various VR headsets are actually addressing. I get that they are fantastic pieces of tech, and the apple one seems to be even more so, but I still don't know what I would actually use one for, even if given to me for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I have said elsewhere on this forum that Apple have wasted billions of dollars on a device that will only ever be isolating and niche.

It will go the way of the Homepod in about five years.

Advertisement