Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timer for oil boiler ( set remotely ? )

• 30-03-2024 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi

My elderly mother lives alone and struggles a little managing the heat, even with the timer. Although I get from dublin to the west plenty, would be good to have something to control it remotely for her.

She has a new oil boiler with timer. Is there anything i can do / gadget I can buy to be able to control it remotely ?!

I have attached a pic in case it helps.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

It wouldn't be difficult to wire in a Hive thermostat. Strange that the installer didn't offer it. Nowadays it's thought of as an almost normal part of new installs.

Contact her installer to see if he offers such a service.

EDIT: Looking at that timer again, the woman must be freezing most of the time. ❄️🥶

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭06608124

Thanks.

😀 well you are assuming it's the only form of heat here but it's not 😀

Yeah 😳, forgetting about the bogs of the west.

Did she not get a grant aided installation? Such sparce control would not be allowed under any government supported scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭06608124

It seems this one must have been the exception then because she got grant for it.

Perhaps question installer about it, with a view to reporting to grant provider.

• Advertisement
Advertisement