Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zgemma H8.2H

• 30-03-2024 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭

Anybody got a Zgemma H82H?

I'm considering buying one for a spare room as a cheaper alternative to the H7S.

It seems the best Combo-Enigma2 box at the moment.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭swoofer

"It seems the best Combo-Enigma2 box at the moment." you left out the the important bit, "the cheapest" and remember cheap is not always good and good is not always cheap. Ger another h7s 155 from WOS and save yourself loads of bother. The h8 is just to watch tv and thats it, no more no less hence the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Surely it could run Vix with a sub and satellite and Saorview?

Not sure I can justify another €150 for a H7s.

Are they really that bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭andy1249

Across all the E2 boxes discussed in the Satellite forums one issue is common to them all , do not save the EPG to internal flash , save it to the Hard drive or the box becomes unstable.

The H82H needs USB storage attached for this at least , so not as " cheap " as it looks at first glance.

Its a 100% chinese manufactured box , and there may be problems with capacitors. ( both my previous Zgemmas Died with this issue )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

This is very much an ongoing issue , as that dodgy supplier of caps is still in business and still supplying a large amount of chinese companies with faulty caps.

The cheapest boxes get talked about on here a lot, from experience I know that to buy cheap is to buy twice ( or many ) times. Its false economy , all you end up with is a lot of broken stuff. Keep in mind that Brexit makes a return to WOS an absolute nightmare ……

Advertisement