Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying evergreen hedge

Options
  • 31-03-2024 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

We have a mature hedge, looks like eunonymus from photos but not sure about that. Basically it has been dying since the winter. It has now shed 50% of it's leaves. I presume it's because of the extremely wet cold winter, not enough sun etc. Is there any hope of it coming back? A quarter of it is healthier and I'm optimistic it will come back but the rest looks very poor. An odd shoot coming back here and there but a formerly thick healthy hedge is now transparent. It's bordering another garden so the privacy is gone too so I'm anxious about losing it altogether. All I can think of us to put some sand down to try and dry out the bed but maybe it's too late. Any magic superfood that won't just wash away?

Advertisement