Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Road trips from Ireland to the UK and mainland Europe

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,263 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I'd recommend Zap Map, it's good for finding chargers in the UK

A better route planner is always great for planning long trips and charging stops

Ionity and Tesla apps are handy for the M6 as they have multiple hubs along the way. Ionity didn't have card readers last time I was there (almost 2 years ago now)

Tesla obviously only have card readers on the V4 superchargers and they're still fairly rare

BP Pulse could be useful because I believe their card readers take a £50 authorisation which puts you over the contactless limit in euros. Alternatively you can use Apple/Google pay and tap your phone

You might need to download an app for any AC chargers you're using as they aren't covered by the card payment rules. You'll likely have to deal with those on a case by case basis

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭CivilEx

I've used a Gridserve https://electrichighway.gridserve.com/ hub previously near Chester, contactless via Google Pay using my phone with no issue. They have quite a few similar hubs along that M6 corridor with up to 12 350kW chargers at some locations. Tap with Debit / Credit card may not work if your limit is €50 as its' not enough for £50 pre-authorisation. Charge your non Tesla is also an option, but have the app set up and tested here before you travel.

Advertisement