Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large arrays / NC7 applications

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭TerraSolis

These are the same settings as the NC6 process except they apply two stage settings for NC7.

To confirm you have the correct settings for NC6, you can go to the 'Advanced Settings' menu on the solis, password is probably the default 0010 and check that the Set Standard is set to 'EN50549IE'.

If you want to cover all your bases you can email solis at euservice@solisinverters.com to confirm the second stage settings and highlight the listed NC7 requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭portach king

Thank you so much! I was in the Advanced menu last night, but I couldn't quite find the settings I was looking for.

I'll definitely do both the menu check and email Solis for confirmation. That way, I can be sure I've got all my bases covered. Really appreciate the help!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Grid standard, it's the first one in the advanced menu

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

If your inverter is on a recent firmware version, there should be ESB-Micro and ESB-Mini there available in the list of grid standards.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help so far. I changed the Grid standard on the inverter to ESB Mini, and the settings now seem aligned with the ESB form. However, I have one concern. Am I reading this correctly, or are the Under Frequency Settings on my inverter set up backwards?

Here are my current settings:

Over Voltage:

OV-G-V1: 269.0V, OV-G-V1-T: 70.00s

OV-G-V2: 281.0V, OV-G-V2-T: 0.70s

Under Voltage:

UN-G-V1: 191.0V, UN-G-V1-T: 3.00s

UN-G-V2: 46.0V, UN-G-V2-T: 0.50s

Over Frequency:

OV-G-F1: 52.00Hz, OV-G-F1-T: 20.00s

OV-G-F2: 52.50Hz, OV-G-F2-T: 0.50s

Under Frequency:

UN-G-F1: 47.50Hz, UN-G-F1-T: 20.00s

UN-G-F2: 47.00Hz, UN-G-F2-T: 0.50s

Startup Time (Startup-T): 300s
    Restore Time (Restore-T): 300s

I've attached the grid protection section of the NC7 Certificate below. Otherwise, I think everything is set correctly. Please let me know if I've missed anything or if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Nice work. Don't worry about the order of the stages. Effectively the two conditions just mean:

The inverter should "ride through" the under frequency unless the frequency drops below 47 Hz for more than 0.5s or below 47.5 for 20s, in which case it can trip. They don't influence each other directly, so order is irrelevant.

Great. So I'll just put 'Y' beside it and submit?

This has been a long road. Looking forward to putting the final stamp on it.

You can assure ESBN that some randos on boards.ie have assured you that you can in fact place Y and submit ;)

It's a heavy-going application route, congrats!

😂

Thanks! I always trust randos online. Sure, what could go wrong?

Advertisement