Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for 2 jobs within 1 company?

• 03-04-2024 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭

I've applied for a job in a large hotel chain and have an interview tommorow. Yesterday I've noticed the exact same job advertised in 1 of their other hotels. I was wondering how it would be perceived if I applied for both or even if they would know as I'm sure each hotel has their own hr departments. A couple of friends said just ask at the interview but I think it comes across as arrogant as it'll look like I'm looking for a transfer without even getting the job. Venue #2 would suit me better.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

I think applying for both jobs would show you as keen and that you’re genuinely interested in working for them. Apply. Be up from if your asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Thanks Anaki I was thinking along similar lines. If I get a call from hotel b before I hear from hotel a I can be upfront with them.

Advertisement