Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship (Sam Maguire Cup)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭threeball

Someone's been listening to Skehill on the hurling podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭Gusser09

The 3 lads on the sunday game are dreadful. Shouting over eacother and not really making much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I feel, Donegal are designed to beat Dublin, Kerry, maybe Derry, and are at risk of being beaten by Galway. They are a mobile outfit, with a lot of generic play anywhere players, who are quick and mobile. Galway are a big physical side and good in the air around the middle,. Be an interesting contrast of styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

All year i said i feel there's an All Ireland in both todays teams. So it's not surprising they're both in a semi final. But it really is a hard game to call. I wouldn't put any money on it anyway. Just so as not to sit on the fence i will give Galway the nod. Has the makings of a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I dont see what medals have to do with the greatness of a player. It's not like soccer where great players can move to great teams.

Loads of generational players with no AI medals. One of them sitting on the Sunday game now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Trampas

Paudie offers more in a game than David currently. He’s getting marked out of the game but the big players will find ways out of it. Media seem waiting for him to score a point and release all their spiel about greatest ever player. Never should have won player of the year last year.

Playing the day after his mother died is a personal choice. I doubt someone said to him that you have to play. Some people go to work. People will do whatever they feel what’s right for them in that moment for whatever reason it might be. He won’t be the first person to play a big match and he won’t be the last but the media made out him and his brother are the only ones to do it

Your right. Plenty of great players down the years never won much silverware. Declan Browne of Tipp never even won a Munster medal but has two All Stars. Here in Dublin Ciaran Whelan has no All Ireland medal but many Dubs would hold him in as high or even higher esteem than some who have All Ireland medals.

Only thing with David Clifford is where he comes from. All great Kerry players are laden with All Ireland medals. Don't know how many players have the eight medals from 70s & 80s must be quite a lot. Then the O Se's era a lot of them players would have five or six All Ireland's. One All Ireland is not going to cut the mustard in Kerry. Clifford's form has stalled the last year or so. I'd imagine its more a blip than a permanent drop off and expect him to improve next year but Kerry people will expect their star man to lead the way in getting back to the top. That's what great players do. They find a way. And in Kerry that means winning All Irelands.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Yeah its a stupid metric.

Sure on that basis, Paddy Andrews (just to pluck a random Dublin forward out of thin air) must be a better than Clifford, Frank Burns better than Lee Keegan, Rod Guiney better than Tony Browne and Jason Forde better than Canning.

All Sean Cavanagh sees is Ulster. Ulster everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,232 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kelly out for Galway is no suprise
    A blow but he hadn’t really been fit for them anyways
    Cian Hernon not on bench though is also a blow

if their full forward line is fully fit hard see past them

If …………

• Advertisement

Galway need to get quick direct ball in. Donegal will try squeeze the space. Could be a horrific watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Poor Tomas with the 2 empty vessels either side of him..... To paraphrase the great Shane McGowan I'm 'thanking God for the BBC'.…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

The panel are besotted with JIM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭Gael85

Comer should be a lot more sharper today. I thought he was quiet enough against Dublin. Finnerty was also off the pace last day.

BBC the better option today. Niblock and Philly McMahon on commentary. Oisin McConville and Micky Harte in studio in Croke Park. Brendan Devenney and Mugsy Mulligan pitchside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I’m probably being slow but what’s the meaning/symbolism of the Galway V there for O’Mahony?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭supernova5

actually the first person I ever heard say it was the one and only T.J. Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 48,232 ✭✭✭✭km79

Galway have overplayed it a couple of times already

Should be 3/4 points up

Donegal having to work harder to create opportunities

Ominous !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Cowards way out taking the point there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,139 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,878 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Why is Galway's number 7 going back there?! The space opened. Go and **** attack it

This game has become so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Galway need to shoot Everytime they create space near goal, no one swarms around like Donegal

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Lovely score by Thompson

Donegal getting a few openings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭Gael85

John O'Mahony was Galway manager from 1998-2004

Nice stuff from Donegal the last few minutes, good game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,629 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think he was asking about the V Shape they did though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I know that, but what is the meaning of standing in a V formation?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,878 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How about that, a kick pass causing havoc.

• Advertisement

Finnerty and Walsh two miss-hits into the goalkeepers hands. McGonigle does same for Donegal. Cagey enough game. Some nice scores. Very little physical contact.

Advertisement