Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship (Sam Maguire Cup)

Options
1858687888991»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Is it not because the minors are as young as 15/16 since the move to U17s and it might be too much pressure for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭GBXI

They are also well capable of losing them - which is my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

It's unlikely we will see a return to minor pre all Ireland days. I used to thoroughly enjoy it on Irish before the main game via RTE. You'd be half shocked at the empty stadium at 1.15 but then it will be filling up nicely come 2.30 and you'd be getting excited for the main game. A shame it's gone. I feel all Ireland day has been lost in recent times, the offaly team of 1998 were barley acknowledged in 2023, a shame. Feel like we could market it much more with irish culture and give it a real occasion. I'm all on for the split season but I'd love the finals to be pushed back to August at least.

Advertisement