Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship (Sam Maguire Cup)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Avon8

It's been fairly 50/50 on any pods or other media I've seen/heard. A lot going for the draw (bookies liability on it is excessive I hear), with Armagh edging extra time. Those tipping Galway is always in normal time. Given it'll be 22 degrees, Geezers rep for fitness training and the strength of the Armagh bench, id probably agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

I've no preference for either county. Like both of them. A win for either will be a great story. After some thought i'm going to side with Armagh to get over the line. Something like 1-17 v 1-15. Looking forward to a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Armagh have not been beaten by more than 2 points since April 2022, which included 3 games against Galway, 2 against Derry and 3 against Donegal and of course Kerry. Pundits can't really just saw "draw", so they are predicting a small Galway victory. But if there is only 2 points in it, then it could go either way, e.g. a ball hits the post and comes out to either a forward or back. So Galway may be 55% likely to win and the pundits have to tip them, but it wouldn't take much to overturn their prediction.

Very little in it. What do you think yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Pass no heed on a lot of pundits, basically the likes of the Indo sell more papers in Galway than in Armagh, and won't want to have it thrown at them 'they wrote us off'. Plus, there is a severe love in with PJ in particular in a lot of the media , so they don't want to burst that bubble by criticizing him.

I don't have a dog in the fight, just hope it's a good game TBH. Armagh of the early noughties with their one in a row had a very poor return in terms of AI medals, considering the influence they ultimately had on the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Still a surprise that Armagh beating Kerry hasn't increased their opinion of them. Had Kerry beaten Armagh as they were expected to do so then most of those pundits would be predicting Kerry to beat Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Seadin

Hard one to call. I think Galway might do it just but wouldn't be surprised if Armagh won it either. Hope it's a great entertaining game and may the best team win and especially that the referee and umpires get decisions right unlike the hurling last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,129 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Hoping as an Ulster man Armagh win , but I haven’t seen alot of football this year . Though Armagh looked good in the semi’s

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Kerry in football are similar to Limerick in hurling, hard beat in a final but can be caught in a semi final by the underdog

I hope a red card doesn't ruin the game tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Armagh have some of the best support in the country , i love them to bits but i just think galway have too much , the performances of rob finerty, cillian mcdaid ,sean Mullerian ,john maher and liam silke on so many days that paul conroy , damien comber, shane walsh or sean kelly underperformed or didnt play , not to mention the full back line of fitzgerld ,jack glynn and johnny mcgrath its a serious team

i would love armagh to win it but cant see it , to me this is the moment of the championship

Post edited by windy shepard henderson on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭French Toast

I’m a neutral backing Galway today but would be happy to see either win it. Clare for the hurling and Galway for the football, the West’s awake!

Lovely morning in the capital. Dubs not in the final but i'll enjoy the day as i always do regardless. Will enjoy the craic meeting Galway and Armagh folk around the city and in a few pubs i frequent. Football and hurling All Ireland finals day my two favourite days of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Galway by 3 points for me, their attacking play is far superior to Armagh's. Kerry should have been out of sight in the first half in the semi. Galway won't pass up the same opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Armagh did as well against Kerry in the first half as Galway did against Dublin. The game is determined at the end of the second half.

Galway slight favourites owing to being in the final before, but otherwise it will come down to a few incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭enricoh

Think Armagh would be more at risk of a red card, they said pretty close to the wind a lot of the time. Depends on what the ref let's go.

Missus is from Donegal was glad Galway won the last day, Donegals 15 behind the ball made it tedious at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,020 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hard final to call. My Ulster bias favours Armagh resilience and tactical wisdom (in games so far anyway) to edge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭drury..

Ill be watching BBC anyhow

McConville Murphy and Harte, is it mcmahon too

Dunno why anyone would watch rte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

Same. Armagh weren't great against Kerry. Kerry should've won handily enough.

Galway were a match for Kerry in '22 so I think they're a stronger team

Galway by 3 or 4 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭cmac2009

3 or 4 points is a big winning margin these days, but I suspect Galway are capable of dominating and delivering such a performance. They're a more formidable outfit than '22 as well imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭C__MC

Pitch invasion if armagh win

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,904 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Won't be much in this but I'd favour Armagh aet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Hardly going with orange and maroon. Disaster for tv. Stupid stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Michael D showing is age now 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Cant tell the differ between the jerseys. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭C__MC

Backed Galway all week but somethings tell me armagh will win this. Im not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ledwithhedwith

for some strange reason I think they’ll want it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Boring commentary ahead...... Mute button

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I think the use of sign language for the Irish national anthem is a load of nonsense.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That seagull casually standing on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,030 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

37 hand passes in the first minute.

Advertisement