Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late penalty fees VRT Revenue

Options
  • 04-04-2024 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi everyone, I’ve just received an astronomical late penalty fee from revenue for late declaration of my vehicle. It’s been here five years but two of those years were during Covid and for various other reasons I haven’t been able to officially import it until now. My questions is if I take the van out of the country and come back in abs go through the importation process again will this be considered a new import or does anyone know if the outstanding fees will still apply? I’m kind of kicking myself for not doing that prior to my appointment but I was trying to be by the book as my engineer told me they rarely charge late penalty fees. Thanking you

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement