Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taste of Dublin VIP offer - Priceless promo with MasterCard

• 04-04-2024 10:11pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know this is normally a bit of a rip off but with this deal that is €30 for two people, you get entry (worth more than that alone), so called fast track entry and then €15 in credit each to buy food and drinks so essentially entry, fast track and accessing the VIP area is free.

You just have to pay with a MasterCard.

Note Priceless is MasterCard's offers site so this is legit.

https://www.priceless.com/m/culinary/product/190002/taste-of-dublin-2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Alkers

Thank you, booked! Was there before in terrible weather so hopefully is nice this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

good spot OP, basically free entry and your money used to spend on food. Think I might book it.

Anyone knows how it works if you want to buy more food, do they still do that made up currency thing that you cant get unspent money back on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Thanks for this OP, this is a great deal, have signed up. Did you get your tickets through after you paid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭geographica

sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ALS

raging I missed this, if anyone bought some but can’t make I’ll gladly buy them… cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

just saw that now, was waiting for a friend to get back to me to buy them. Oh well

Did you get your tickets when you paid please? I'm not sure how priceless works and you have to wait or not.

I paid but just got a confirmation of my payment.

Cheers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Sorry, no I don't have the tickets yet but the email confirmation said they will be in touch.

Event isn't till June so loads of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Has anyone received their tickets yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Just received mine by email. Thanks OP!

Yup, as the OP i just received our tickets too, was only wondering this morning.

Check you got both pdfs if you booked for two people, mine only had one, emailed and they will send the other shortly.

Post edited by Sheep Shagger on

Just got it as well. The only concern it says, "The Barcode only allows one entry per scan" & I only received one ticket.

Same here, I'll drop them an email. They were quick to reply the last time I did.

They apologised and said the second ticket will come today.

Not sure if you'll need to email them too or they'll do everyone.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Reading the FAQs, I'm trying to figure something out. I got the two tickets for myself and my adult daughter, however I want to bring my son (8). It says under 10s are free but also doesn't give an option to purchase a ticket for him. Does this mean he doesn't need a ticket and can just wander up with myself and my daughter with these two tickets?

I don't know but they reply to emails really quickly, or you could tweet them. Ask the question, both times I've mailed them they've responded within an hour event hough their automated response initially says 2 to 3 business days.

Thanks for replying. Ive messaged them already and heard nothing back so just trying to figure it out!

If anyone is looking to offload one, send me a pm! Thank you

anyone interested in buying my two tickets? I don’t think I can make it on Sat.

tickets now sold

Post edited by crazyderk on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭dazzday

Also have two tickets for this on Sat if anyone wants to buy for cost price (30e) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭wandererz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ALS

anyone else interested in selling , please message me , cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Gary_dunne

They have tickets for sale on Living Social for Sunday if that's any use to you.

https://www.livingsocial.ie/deal/dublin-south/activities-entertainment/exhibitions-gardens/32675804/taste-dublin-ticket

Just reposting from 3 days ago. If anyone is selling...

I went last night, glad I didnt pay an entry fee. Was good but free entry even better.

The Mastercard seating area is just seats....looked on jealousy to those with a free bar in the massive EY tent (and Hagen Das area by the looks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭wandererz

Was there Saturday.

It was a great event, apart from some of the totally pissed attendees.

Agree with not having to pay an entry fee.

Surprised at the prices of meals and drinks. This should be an event for food vendors to promote themselves and gain customers and hence sell stuff at a lower price.

€7 for a small starter (dumplings)

€10 for a glass of wine

€14 for a lobster roll

Etc, etc

It all adds up. One has to arrive with a strong bank account.

At least they did away with the credit/voucher system and one could just tap to pay.

Some good bands playing as well.

Yeah I found the cost of the food was horrendous and alot of very drunken people at it. I was there Saturday evening. Myself and the two kids sat in the MasterCard wearing area and one of the works from the bewleys van gave us some free hot chocolates. Absolutely made the kids day!

Advertisement