Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X6 handheld?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭Inviere

The dpad and buttons being that low on the front makes it unplayable imo. That's before it's even switched on…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It looks terrible, and it's more it less forcing you comfort wise to play dpad centric consoles with analogue sticks. I suppose it depends on your expectations whether it's worth the 22 euro to you but the performance also looks horrible. Plenty of reviews on YouTube if you've not seen them.

I don't have this but I did buy the infamous datafrog SF2000 for under 15 euro (A LOT of videos on that one!) which "plays" the same range of emulators and a whole lot more (of wildly varying quality). I don't regret buying it, it looks great in the SNES controller form factor, but actually playing games on it is pretty soul destroying 😬.

I think I'd still recommend the datafrog over the x6 though because it's cheaper, has more emulators and ways to tinker with it, because of much more community support and the form factor is just cool imo.

Still a bag of shíte though, and my honest advice would be buy neither and pay an extra 20 and get something a little bit better ( but then there's always that pay a bit more comment on the 40 euro ones, and the 60 euro ones, and the 80 euro ones etc. etc.)

No help at all I'm afraid, sorry.

The R36s for under 40 euro if you want my cheap as chips recommendation. Plenty of YouTube reviews on that one. (Still very much a case of you get what you pay for). All the best.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

https://www.reddit.com/r/SBCGaming/comments/17awz4t/do_not_purchase_the_x6/

I figured it was a clone of another kind of cheap console (Powkiddy) but it actually seems worse.

It costs a bit more but if you can pick up an Anerbic rg351p on sale I'd recommend it , as I've got one and its pretty comfortable , and emulates up to and including Ps1.

I got one for around fifty quid during a sale , but the prices vary a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Thank you very much for your reply. I have a steam deck (though I only use the PS2 emulator, I mostly use it for modern titles). I was hoping to get something mode "Gameboy" shaped as I already have the "game gear" shape with the deck

Advertisement