Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sumup on my BoI statements

• 05-04-2024 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭

I have just noticed a 2 euro deduction on my latest BoI statement

I have no recollection of signing up to Sumup (don't know what it is)

Does anyone have an idea what this might be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,616 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

A lot of smaller retailers and businesses use sumup. Coffee shops, market stalls etc. They are white devices look a bit different to usual terminals.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

In addition to small retailers some also have sum up machines to take tips...could it be that?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

As above, you've used your card in a business that uses sumup for card payments.

It's usually a small business / temporary business or even could be a charity that is them. I've seen "flag day" at supermarket entrances use them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,125 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There's even the occasional busker who has a sum up machine for tips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sumup is a popular payment method used by market traders and the likes of mobile coffee vans but if it's a round €2, it sounds like a tip. Collected by a Sumup machine typically located beside the tips jar in a cafe.

https://www.sumup.com/en-ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,730 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sumup payments usually have some further text in the name that might give an idea of who it was - does it give anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭amandstu

Thanks everyone.Yes it was a charity shop I see now as that is what I paid for the item.

Advertisement